Photographer Question.

Photographer Question.

It seems this conversation has now been locked
10 posts
20 July 2010
Do Photographers mind if you bring a friend with you on a shoot?
I'm new to modelling and i'm nervous to go alone to shoots.

Thanks
Tammy Lee

#ff0000;">Moderator Hint : Click on this link and have a good read through the threads
~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~
Posted 20 July 2010
Edited by Jacqui 20 July 2010
*brain explodes*

Posted 20 July 2010
cornishman35
Photographer
cornishman35
No they love it lol

Posted 20 July 2010
leighmoore
Photographer
leighmoore

The more the merrier...

I'm going to say 10 pages!

emoticon

Posted 20 July 2010
Lynniepants

*brain explodes*

HAHHAH, that was helpfull.

Alot of people hate chaperones, some deal with them.
Never bring a boyfriend as a chaperone
Only bring a non intrusive friend, who wont talk to you during the shoot and will sit quiety reading or something (you may need to pay them - i have done)
ALWAYS let the photographer know if you want to bring one, alot of photographers hate them because they get in the way and may cancel.
Chaperones should not be a replacment for checking references.
If your nervous on a shoot, explain to the photographer that you are inexperienced and ask for lots of help and direction.

I have only brought a chaperone twice, once I had only just passed my driving test and was terrified of the motorway so my mum came along, she sat in the spare room with the studio owner - and probably talked him to death. The second time, the photographer had no references so I paid my friend half my earnings to sit in the other room playing on her nintendo.

I think that covers it.

Eva
Posted 20 July 2010
Edited by Eva_Giles 20 July 2010
Since no one is actually answering... chaperones cause a lot of controversy on here. Some photographers don't mind them, but usually if theyre nearby rather than actually watching. You should check references thoroughly so that you feel you can trust the photographer, because lots have a no chaperone policy. If you feel the need to bring one you'll be limiting your choices of who to work with but if you don't feel comfortable enough going on your own then don't do it I suppose... uneasy models don't make for good photos.

Posted 20 July 2010
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotograph..
If its out doors I like them cause they hold my lights and saves me setting up light stands hahaha generally more togs hate them than like them , some don't mind them general concensus is , you are a model its your job you should check references and handle it like any other job... if in doubt don't shoot
Posted 20 July 2010
Thanks alot.
"SOME" of the feedback i've recieved on here has been helpful.
So cheers guys!

Posted 20 July 2010
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Toxic_Kandii

"SOME" of the feedback i've recieved on here has been helpful. 

Welcome to Purestorm! emoticon
Posted 20 July 2010
click_gotcha
Photographer
click_gotcha
Contact jetbrown, he loves models to bring their friends along in case he attacks them. Tell him clicky sent you!
Posted 20 July 2010
It seems this conversation has now been locked