Bites!

13 posts
11 July 2010
kayliem
Model
kayliem
so ive been to a few BBQs over the last week or so. all of my mates have been bitten badly by knats or mossies. they have got big red spots come up on there ankles mostly. but i havnt been bitten at all! i know its been when ive been out with them, as they have all got them the day after we have been outside. so does that mean my blood isnt sweet? is that saying true?

im so glad i havnt been bitten thou, those bites look so painfull! and it saves photographers having to edit them out.

anyone here who never gets bitten? or is it just me whos the lucky one?x
Posted 11 July 2010
I used to allll the time! But since i changed my diet, i don't at all! xx

Posted 11 July 2010
kayliem
Model
kayliem
strange isnt it, how some people get bitten all over, and other people none at all!

Posted 14 July 2010
Im jealous. Im COVERED in them around my ankles. I feel like a right scabby bint haha.

Posted 10 Sep 2010
fizzy
Model
fizzy
I think I'm lucky, managed to only get a couple yesterday after hill-walking to get to the location for an art nude shoot. They've managed to get me on my lower back and shoulder but the bites aren't too visible.

Posted 10 Sep 2010
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
maybe people mainly DO get bit but some people react to the bites just like an allergic response .. bites can be treated with antihistamine which deals with allergic reactions so this seems to be likely. The mozzies love a bit of me and no amount of Autan gets rid of them. Being a landscape photographer I often spend hours in one area at sunset and they eat me alive ( I was reliably told that Avon make a product called 'Skin So Soft' which is supposedly great at repelling the little beasties and is used by some people in the armed forces, but they call it 'Triple S'. It's worth a try for those who suffer, and if it doesn't help you will still be left with lovely skin )
Posted 10 Sep 2010
I get bitten all the time and I'm slightly alergic so they come up like bruises... when they are on my arms/neck can look a bit dodgy!

Whether they go for you or not depends on blood type, diet and even shampoos, body lotions perfumes you use - some can attract them, so be careful of using them in summer evenings as they can attract all sorts of flying nasties!

Posted 11 Sep 2010
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
I always know when any of the pets have fleas - reason being there munching on me and not the animals!!!

I have read that bloodtype and diet can influence whether you get bit or not. I don't have a clue what my blood type is so I assume it's whatever type that seems to attracts every insect in the country for a nom session.

It drives me insane though - they come up in horrible red lumps which just keep itching! I remember once when my friend had a flea infestation in her flat which I found out about as I counted over 60 flea bits on my legs alone after being in her flat for a mere 4 hours. That was not a pleasant experiance.

Posted 19 Sep 2010
jes
Model
jes
You think that's bad?!... a horse bit a chunk out of my elbow the other day!

Posted 19 Sep 2010
DJPhotos
Photographer
DJPhotos
Tathiel

I always know when any of the pets have fleas - reason being there munching on me and not the animals!!! I have read that bloodtype and diet can influence whether you get bit or not. I don't have a clue what my blood type is so I assume it's whatever type that seems to attracts every insect in the country for a nom session. It drives me insane though - they come up in horrible red lumps which just keep itching! I remember once when my friend had a flea infestation in her flat which I found out about as I counted over 60 flea bits on my legs alone after being in her flat for a mere 4 hours. That was not a pleasant experiance.

Dab your ankles with citrus, that normally keeps the fleas away.
Posted 19 Sep 2010
Amber6
Model
Amber6
DJPhotos

Dab your ankles with citrus, that normally keeps the fleas away.

Good to know!  I barely ever get bitten, BUT in the last month, our two cats picked up fleas and I have been their personal snack table.  Sadly took a little while before we worked out it was fleas (which we are now in the process of getting rid of), but they are stubborn little buggers!
Posted 19 Sep 2010
monstersnowman

I was reliably told that Avon make a product called 'Skin So Soft' which is supposedly great at repelling the little beasties and is used by some people in the armed forces, but they call it 'Triple S'. )

Thats true, my boyfriend uses it and it seems to work.

However, I still get bitten. All over
Posted 19 Sep 2010
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
so basically if you're f**ked you're f**ked .. I have tried all kinds of stuff and the chemical and herbal natural stuff dont work in equal measure - havent tried my own Triple S suggestion so it may work on me and not someone else or vice versa .. maybe spraying myself with flykiller .. not sure how my blood toxicology report will look after using that a few times tho (
Posted 19 Sep 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join