MUA'S don't get enough credit.

MUA'S don't get enough credit.

12 posts
1 July 2010

Well, it's about time you lot got a slice of the pie !

I want to thank Victoria Howard for a wonderful job the last two times I have worked with her, the recent images I have are down right kick ass! And I am so proud of them that I have already written an article for Alternative Fashion Magazine on bodypainting for the autumn issue featuring her work.

I have always admired the patience of make up artists, body painters and SFX artists, and I really urge photographers and models to hire them, on PAID work. 

I had a long discussion with Victoria on how tfcd is really destroying and undercutting work of people who have trained for years in their field and therefore putting people out of buisness.

So thanks Mua's you make my job a hell of a lot easier, and a hell of a lot better, money well spent.

Posted 1 July 2010
kater
Model
kater
I recommend Amy ward http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?psid=amyward89&logon$btn_searchgo.x=16&logon$btn_searchgo.y=13 She did some amazing Make up for my designs
Posted 1 July 2010
Yey, we can make this into a most reccomended , thank you thread.

Posted 1 July 2010
kater

I recommend Amy ward http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?psid=amyward89&logon$btn_searchgo.x=16&logon$btn_searchgo.y=13 She did some amazing Make up for my designs

Posted 1 July 2010
amyward89
Make Up Artist
amyward89

I was just browsing pure storm and came across this!

Thank you Katie, You know how much I enjoyed that shoot, and I totally agree with Pyretta Blaze.

I have made the decision not to do TFP anymore unless it will really benefit my portfolio!

What do you think to the bodypaint above!

x

Posted 2 July 2010
art5140
Photographer
art5140
agree MUAs are much underrated and I have and do use them when budgets work, as to the work above well done to all

Posted 2 July 2010
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Agreed, I love working with a MUA, the collaborations result in some really good images. I think I have included each MUA I have worked with on there.  emoticon

Secondskin

Becky Hunting

Simplydivine

Lipstickandmascara

Claire Shipman

Emily Rose

Posted 2 July 2010
As a make up artist, Claire shipman did some great work with me,
Also Cherrylips , Mandy Lawrence, Mark Gannon, AwenSFX, Claire Harmer (did the make up on a load of my published work), and several other students that I have worked with from MM have all been great to work with.

Posted 2 July 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Awwww, its lovely to see this )) A big thankyou from me xxx
Posted 5 July 2010
UrbanoModa
Photographer
UrbanoModa
There would be no good photography without our good MUA's yes, you are the blood and life behind the work.
Don;t give up though, good photographers show their appreciation in publications.

Keep pushing, keep going

Posted 15 July 2010
Species125
Photographer
Species125
I just wish I could afford an MUA *sniffle* Still, perhaps one day my photography will get to the stage where I can hire at will
Posted 15 July 2010
PhilDrinkwater
Photographer
PhilDrinkwat..
I wouldn't shoot without a good makeup artist, and the ones I work with (you know who you are) are incredible!

Posted 20 July 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join