Swimming and hair care.

Swimming and hair care.

12 posts
8 June 2010
Hey beautiful people!

I have recently decided that I really should start looking after myself more, so Im going to start taking advantage of my cheap access to swimming.

My question is regarding my hair.
I really want to avoid wearing a cap, but my hair is very dry. I use lots of conditioning treatments and try to keep heat styling and colouring to a minimum, but I reckon regular swimming will give it the nudge it needs to become straw!

Any tips?

Thanks in advance emoticon

xxxx
Posted 8 June 2010
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Cap or CANDY FLOSS hair?
I vote cap ^__^

I am sure someone will be able to give you some advice<3
If I was you though just be over careful with your hair!!!

US girls and our hair

Posted 8 June 2010
bulky
Model
bulky
Not much you can do there, apart from using special after swim shampoos, which are a bit more expensive than normal ones but prevent your hair from being damaged by chlorine.

Posted 8 June 2010
Ah thats something i didnt know exists! can you recommend any??

Posted 8 June 2010
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Boots sell a good one. It's called Sun, Sea and Sand. It comes in a blue bottle and it's generally quite cheap.

Posted 9 June 2010
Thank you fizzy xxxx

Posted 10 June 2010
N07 at boots does a hair protection spray for the pool etc... its about 5.75 for a huge bottle

also last year I used mark hill protection spray, and that did the trick.

The best thing to do is make sure you always wash your hair as soon as you get out the pool, or sea!!
xx

Posted 10 June 2010
I always found that frizz ease serum(the purple one) applied after swimming to damp hair helps loads. Frizz ease is brilliant.

Posted 10 June 2010
Cody
Model
Cody
Wear a cap...noone will stare at you Put conditioner on hair before you swim
Posted 10 June 2010
If you wet your hair before you swim and put baby oil in your hair it will protect it while swimming.

Posted 4 July 2010
You guys are great! seriously! regardless of the topic, you always give the best advice
Posted 4 July 2010
''Dont Forget To Subcribe to www.youtube.com/user/krazykatkrizty and tell all your friends'' for hair and beauty tips and how to do videos... krizty x

Posted 20 Aug 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join