Posted 26 Sep 2007
crystal_k

Hi purestormers

ive just got invisalign braces to fix an open bite thet i have

have . Im on my 5th retainer so quite a few to go

has anyone on here had these if so how did you find it

im on my quest for the perfect smile.

I didn't quite understand this question but my answer:

I've never had invisalign braces but I do have the qiant in your face silver ones, Most uncomfortable things ever and hurts a lot sometimes, but the massive improvement in my teeth in the last 9 months is brilliant.  They are near perfect hopefully only another 3/4 months to go.

Definately worth it for the perfect smile.

Posted 26 Sep 2007

omg im getting braces just found out today - im gutted but just have to think about th effects in the longrun

im not sure wot kind of braces they are crystal are they just the clear things tht go over the teeth?

Posted 27 Sep 2007
Edited by stevielou 27 Sep 2007
katexx
Model
katexx
crystal_k

Hi purestormers

ive just got invisalign braces to fix an open bite thet i have

have . Im on my 5th retainer so quite a few to go

has anyone on here had these if so how did you find it

im on my quest for the perfect smile.

Hi,

hope you dont mind, just wanted to ask how youre braces are going?

i may be having one fitted myself, a darn sight cheaper than veneers...............

x

Posted 15 Oct 2007

are the invasigline ones removable or..?

Posted 15 Oct 2007

invisalign braces are removable teeth are coming along greaqt

Posted 19 Oct 2007
i had my ortho appointment today. meant to be getting a mixture of fixed invasligne braces. ahh its so expensive 4885!!! dont no if im going to go ahead with it bit weary about getting adult teeth taken out. did u need any taken out?

Posted 12 Dec 2007

Well i havent had any teeth removed.In some cases the teeth are shaved down. I dont know how extreme your problem is tho or what you are trying to correct.

In my case im changing the possition of my bite and slightly widening the top teeth but all in all i had pretty good teeth before .Just the perfectionist in me wants them perfect

Posted 13 Dec 2007
i dnt think im gonna get them neway  - to expensve and i m scared about getting those adult teeth pulled out like incase the gap doesnt close. lol how bad wud tht be!!

Posted 15 Dec 2007
Albasys
Photographer
Albasys

Extracting adult teeth is quite normal if the mouth is too crowded to cope with the natural amount of teeth.  Typically its this overcrowding thats the cause for the malocclusion (squinty teeth).   As the crowded teeth impact against each other, they typically get worse over time. 

Its usually the pre-molars that are removed, so hardly noticable and is a straightforward and painless procedure.  The gaps that are left are filled in suprisingly quickly by the orthodontic treatment, they only extract teeth that really don't fit in your mouth!   Before long the perfect smile will be craftedhappy1.  The time taken for the treatment can depend on the size of your roots, shorter roots means for a quicker overall treatment.  Once corrected, you usually have to wear a retainer at night time to ensure the teeth don't go back, but definately worth it!

The costs always are a bit steep, unless you can wangle it for free (difficult when your over-18 and not in full time education).  Alternatively, if you get pregnant I beleive you can get free treatment - however the costs of children will somewhat outweight the ortho fees happy8.

Posted 9 Jan 2008
Edited by Albasys 9 Jan 2008

invisalign are over priced crap im near the end o my treatment and my open bite isnt corrected im fuming i  still owe dentist a £1000 do you think ni shouldnt pay until im happy.

Posted 9 Jan 2008
Hey.. I had braces for almost 2 years they cost me £3000! my dentist told me they were straight enough and i should have it taken of i was not convinced but i did and i wore retainers for 3 months but my teeth have still tryed moving back to the way they were! and stick out more then what they did before i had the brace put on! I was fumming im still not happy with them and thinking about getting another brace, but im not sure i want to go thro all that pain againsad5
Posted 10 Jan 2008
crystal_k

invisalign are over priced crap im near the end o my treatment and my open bite isnt corrected im fuming i  still owe dentist a £1000 do you think ni shouldnt pay until im happy.

Hun dont pay for something your not happy with! Tell them your not happy and want it corrected! I would not pay! I would not of paid for mine if i knew they would move! grr!
Posted 10 Jan 2008

Its annoying isnt it hun dentist in this country are crap and expensive

they obviously havent had experience or know what perfect teeth are over here lots of british ppl have awful teeth.

I think America is the place for perfect teeth they have set a v high standard

even fellow brit kate Moss has awful teeth.

Posted 10 Jan 2008

I got my braces taken out 2 days ago, they were perfect but over night moved and looked squint again, i got the retainer put on today it was really sore! they've gone straight again but just shows how little time it takes for them to move back,

The retainers uncomfy and i speak funny with it in but not going through a year of braces to risk losing my straight teeth now

Posted 11 Jan 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join