Dark shadows under the eyes

Dark shadows under the eyes

22 posts
18 May 2010
What causes them and how can I get rid of them? I have a good diet and eat pretty healthily but it's something I've never been able to shift and makes for extra work in the studio.

Gen
Posted 18 May 2010
majk
Photographer
majk
Well, this ALWAYS works! emoticon

Posted 18 May 2010
Cody
Model
Cody
Drink more water and get more sleep

Posted 18 May 2010
More sleep
Posted 18 May 2010

Same here.

Have always had them - they are even there in my baby photos!!! I have veins which run close to the surface under both my eyes so there is no way of ever getting rid of them. Even back in the days when I used to get LOTS of sleep they were very noticeable, and I got picked on a few times at school over them (told I looked like a druggie etc.). It annoys me no end when people assume they are due to being up all night getting drunk etc - chance would be a fine thing!!

The best I can recommend is good makeup to cover them (either camoflage makeup or a really good concealer (I use one by Benefit both under AND then again over my foundation)... but they are dead easy to Photoshop out anyway.

Hope this helps.

Posted 18 May 2010
Cody
Model
Cody
That's unlucky...try mac concealer

Posted 18 May 2010
Cody

That's unlucky...try mac concealer

I like MAC for eyeshadows etc, but have never been a huge fan of their foundations/concealers unfortunately, they just don't 'feel' right on my skin...  emoticon
Posted 18 May 2010
Drink more water and get more sleep. You're suposed to consume something like 5litres of water a day through your food and drink. Drink as much water as you can stomache. Water is better than pop. But be aware that you do get water in food so you don't need 5 litres of bottled water :P

Posted 18 May 2010
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Drinking 5 Litres a day and you might end up defeating the the aim of more sleep with each extra trip to the Loo each night! 2.5 is more realistic unless you are seriously dehydrating through excessive exercise! Drinking more than you need has no benefit and the body dumps excess amounts. Remember too a bit of meat is 70% water and fruits etc much higher.

Posted 18 May 2010
AndromedaX

Same here. Have always had them - they are even there in my baby photos!!! I have veins which run close to the surface under both my eyes so there is no way of ever getting rid of them. Even back in the days when I used to get LOTS of sleep they were very noticeable, and I got picked on a few times at school over them (told I looked like a druggie etc.). It annoys me no end when people assume they are due to being up all night getting drunk etc - chance would be a fine thing!! The best I can recommend is good makeup to cover them (either camoflage makeup or a really good concealer (I use one by Benefit both under AND then again over my foundation)... but they are dead easy to Photoshop out anyway. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Yeah I've had mine since I was a child. I could do with drinking a bit more fluid but I don't think sleep is an issue. I'll follow your guide and I don't suppose there are many photographers out there not using photoshop or any models so perfect they don't need it. x
Posted 18 May 2010
I've always had cark circles under my eyes and it doesn't help that my skin is dark too, so it can look even worse.

Advse on water and sleep is golden, but also a quick fix is a good concealer and eye cream too

get an eyecream or gel that has a tingly, refreshing effect on the skin and they tend to contan reflecting particles to highlight the skin., although temporary it can give you what you need for a shoot at least.

I use Garnier eye roll-on and (although expensive) I absolutely swear by Urban Decays foundations and concealers, they're products are buildable(if thats even a word) so you can layer them on and its doesn't look 'caked' and obvious.

With drinking water, a good moisturiser helps too. keeps everyting hydrated
Posted 13 June 2010
Edited by vixenaimee 13 June 2010
Hi Gen,

Water is great but also try eating red fruits like ponegranite, grapefruit, blue berries as i have suffer from the same problem i get puffy eyes myself .But have gone since i had this . Also try Herbal teas like green tea (plenty of antioxidants).

I hope this helps!!

Hannahx

Posted 14 June 2010
Garnier eye roll-on works a treat, highly reccomend it like
Posted 14 June 2010
leighmoore
Photographer
leighmoore
Nobody's blamed bad lighting yet, that'll give you shadows under the eyes
Posted 17 June 2010
I generally go for heavy eyeliner in the hope that people won't notice But I agree that drinking lots of water makes a noticeable difference. SM
Posted 18 June 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join