Thats a cheek!

17 posts
5 May 2010
Viktoriya
Make Up Artist
Viktoriya
#4b4b4b;">Casting Call 

#ff3399; position: relative; left: 5px; display: inline;">Looking for MUA in Sheffield for 50's pin up shoot.

Hi

I have a tog and the place to shoot is my home. I am looking for a MUA that can make me over into a 50's pin up girl for the shoot. If you could also do the hair that would be great. Re-imburment for yourself would be ideally edited shots for your portfolio but i am only able to offer £10 apart from that im afraid due to the shoot not been a highly paid shoot- Mainly for all 3 of us to varience in our ports. 
The shoot will take place in an evening due to the tog having other work commitments. Hopefully taking place in may. 
I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Many Thanks

Kat Clarkson x

Everyone understands, that if you want a quality images, you need to have a professional stylist. Why would we slave for tf if there is no way the images would be beneficial for our portfilio!
I am speechless... To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!
Posted 5 May 2010
Edited by ForumModerator 5 May 2010
umm she says the shoot is NOT highly paid & edited images would be supplied to the benefit of all parties ports........

Posted 5 May 2010
Viktoriya

To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!
#4b4b4b;">

#4b4b4b;">
#7030a0;">Purestorm is doing its best to get models to understand that the MUAs on this site are
qualified professionals and not just girls with a No.7 Xmas Gift Box and a steadyish hand.
However getting that message across is NOT easy and it doesn't help when even some
MUAs totally ignore the TFP guidelines to find free models when they need them.

£10 might not be much to a Professional MUA but to some young models it is a lot

and to some models who are only used to opening their purse to put £10 notes IN
just getting them to offer any money for a MUA can be a landmark.

The simple solution to this would be to just open up MUA profiles to anyone at all
(we reject a stack of MUA applications from the untrained / unqualified every day)
and turn it into an unregulated TF Fest but that would not benefit our proper MUA members.

Posted 5 May 2010
Edited by ForumModerator 5 May 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
The moderators cant really be held responsible for other peoples cheek they can only moderate within reason and from what I can see they are doing a pretty good job at the moment, however if we keep complaining they just wont moderate it at all. Why don't you send her an email, let her know she offends the business? putting it on a forum she potentially will never read wont do anyone any good.

Yes I know is frustrating I also hit the roof when I read it, but would you ever want to work with anyone that thinks all we are worth is £10 anyway? Some people will never pay so its best to find the ones who do value us and ignore the tight ones.
Posted 5 May 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 5 May 2010
in the models defense she doesnt say all your worth is £10 its more a case of all she can afford to offer is £10.

on another note whats the going rate for an mua? ive yet to use one of you & have no idea

Posted 5 May 2010
lashestolockes
Make Up Artist
lashestolock..
Hi all 
I just have to say i am tired of thisemoticon
I have been a professional Make up Artist for 5 years and in that time this has always been my full time job.
I have spent nearly four years training to do my job and I now have 5 years experience as a Make up & Hair Artist in glamour, fashion, bridal, SFX, Hairdressing and so on.  But i still get asked to work between 2-8 hours, using £15-£20 worth of products and £10 for petrol for some pictures that will never get in my portfolio and the client that wants me to give them freebies is getting paidemoticonor they think i am, and they wonder why we feel upset

Samantha
Posted 6 May 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Viktoriya

#4b4b4b;">Casting Call 

#ff3399; font-size: 22px; font-weight: normal; left: 5px;">Looking for MUA in Sheffield for 50's pin up shoot.

Hi

I have a tog and the place to shoot is my home. I am looking for a MUA that can make me over into a 50's pin up girl for the shoot. If you could also do the hair that would be great. Re-imburment for yourself would be ideally edited shots for your portfolio but i am only able to offer £10 apart from that im afraid due to the shoot not been a highly paid shoot- Mainly for all 3 of us to varience in our ports. 
The shoot will take place in an evening due to the tog having other work commitments. Hopefully taking place in may. 
I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Many Thanks

Kat Clarkson x

Everyone understands, that if you want a quality images, you need to have a professional stylist. Why would we slave for tf if there is no way the images would be beneficial for our portfilio!
I am speechless... To have a cheek to say that the shoot is paid!! Wow!

I saw this too, and i reported it for being a none paid shoot under paid castings...and got pretty much told by the mods that its ok to do this because technically they are paying. Its ridiculous....and i am give up telling the Mods too, its pointless!!
Posted 6 May 2010
jes
Model
jes
I saw an ad on another site asking for a MUA to do a 3 hour shoot for £15! 

Posted 6 May 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Soz Claire, I disagree. The mods are quick enough to get on MY back if i say something wrong And i may be acting a bit blonde here, but what will opening up the MUA ports to anyone achieve? Other than to make life harder for professional makeup artists??#ff0000;">*

#7030a0;">#ff0000;">*Comment : That is precisely the point FM is trying to make.
#7030a0;">If we gave in to the hundreds of unqualifed / untrained girls clamouring to sign up as MUAs
#7030a0;">it is you professional MUAs who would suffer so please cut us some slack as we're on your side.
#7030a0;">We get moaned at daily for standing up for your profession by those who don't appreciate
#7030a0;">that you girls (and guys) need to not only earn to live but earn to pay off your training.
Posted 6 May 2010
Edited by Love 6 May 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I want some beautiful professional pictures of my dog!! I think i may put a paid casting up in the photography section and then go on to say they get lovely pics of my dog and a cup of tea for their trouble??? See how far i would get????
Posted 6 May 2010
Viktoriya
Make Up Artist
Viktoriya
Secondskin

I want some beautiful professional pictures of my dog!! I think i may put a paid casting up in the photography section and then go on to say they get lovely pics of my dog and a cup of tea for their trouble??? See how far i would get????

emoticon Totally agree! 
The other point of the story is that the images that would benefit the make up artist portfolio are beauty images! And they have to be retouched according to the beauty standards or so called high end retouching, which in some cases takes up to 3 hours per image. Do you think anyone who is looking for MUA on tf basis would spend that kind of time on your image??? No! Especially not the model putting the casting up!!! 

Posted 7 May 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Secondskin

Hi Gaynor, you'll probably find there are plenty of p***take "paid castings" in the photography section already.
I'm sure any photographer you talk to will verify this, but as we have lots of amateurs and hobbyists in our section this type of casting does have a target audience usually willing to fall for  go along with it. So at least you have the Moderators trying to protect your professional integrity!

Dave.
p.s. Loving your current main image! Luckily I'm one who actually looks at things as opposed to just flitting through, otherwise I could have thought it was an actual outfit and not your awesome paintwork.
p.p.s. I'm currently searching for a Tim Burton-style Alice. Once I've found one, and I've talked Duane into being the Mad Hatter, I could ask you to do the make-up. I'd already have the cups and tea out on the table as part of the set! emoticon
Posted 7 May 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
OK, what I was trying to say is that this site do go beyond the call of duty to only allow qualified mua's onto this site, but they cant stop everyone from joining that may take the p*ss out of us only try to control it and occasionally things slip through, this is where we come in to hit the report button. I just don't think ranting helps as I said she wont read it and if she does she probably wont care because she doesn't value us... so back to my original point why should we give a sh*t about her posts if we ignore them she wont get anyone to do it and low and behold might have to up her compensation if she so desperately seeks an mua. Sorry if that offends you Gaynor, but I don't think rants do anything, after all Ive seen 800 (slight exaggeration lol) go up on here since I joined and pretty much nothing changes people will always take the p*ss if they think they can get away with it.
Posted 10 May 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
I think part of the problem lies in the fact there are always new Members joining, many of whom never spend any time learning about how the industry works (or should work?). So although MUAs have to have some recognized qualification (and hopefully knowledge) there is no such requirement for models or photographers. Meaning it is likely to keep happening. Dave.
Posted 10 May 2010
Bob
Photographer
Bob
deetvstudio

So although MUAs have to have some recognized qualification (and hopefully knowledge) there is no such requirement for models.

What a brilliant idea. NVQs for models. emoticon

I actually thought something like that was here already when yesterday I spotted an advert in the window of my local Ben & Jerry (or whatever that franchised shearing chain is called) looking for Apprentice Models. It seems what they were actually after was two-legged guinea pigs for their trainees to hack around.

It's strange how the English language can have such very different meanings.

Bob
Posted 10 May 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join