Hair condition

19 posts
21 April 2010
River
Model
River
Does anyone know of any products/conditioners that improve hair condition that actually work? I tend to get very dry ends

Char
Posted 21 April 2010
You could try some lanza hair products, not the cheapest around but it seems to do the trick. Works best with the shampoo, conditioner and the intensive treatment.
Tigi is also really good and a fraction of the price seen it as cheap as £16.99 for both the shampoo and conditioner in tkmax.

X

Posted 21 April 2010
Coconut oil is very good for dry hair. It makes your hair silky afterwards too. You can buy it from boots or superdrug. It's not expensive either.

Posted 21 April 2010
Edited by bella_ava 21 April 2010
What about the Aussie 3 minute miracle or whatever it is called conditioner stuff? That is really good and smells lovely. You get special ones in little packets for dry hair and it comes in bottles too.

Posted 21 April 2010
I used to buy these hair mask things, and special conditioners but i've found the best thing is just to buy some really cheap conditioner, stick it on your hair, lots of it, cover it with a polythene bag and leave for about 20 minutes. Then wash your hair normally afterwards. I usually use morrisons value stuff. (Which also works brilliantly as shaving gel and makes your legs nice and smooth)

Posted 22 April 2010
kayliem
Model
kayliem
henna conditioning mask. smooth over wet hair. cling film over the top. warm it up with the hairdryer. leave on for 5 mins, rinse off! you may be able to buy it from Boots, or ebay. any make, as long as its natural henna. you can get brown for brown hair, or red for red, or light for light hair. but always make sure you cut off dead ends!

works for me, always get told my hair is soft. but then again i am a hairdresser so i should really! lol

luv k x

Posted 30 April 2010
Serena
Model
Serena
I like the Elvive range and my coloured (inc bleach) hair is always very good condition. Diet is also important. A good diet of food is reflected in a good skin and hair quality.

Posted 3 May 2010
Raynbo
Model
Raynbo
The Redken "All Soft" range is really good and smells gorgeous. I also sometimes use "Marilyn" mask from Lush. Keeps blonde looking fresh and conditions nicely too.
Posted 8 May 2010
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
go into toni and guy and buy some of thier treatments... i know they are very costly but they work better than anything i have ever used... they do repair the hair and not just add a silky coating. i can't remember the name of the one we used but it's the cheapest and it really does fix the hair from the inside out.

Posted 8 May 2010
Mimi_C
Model
Mimi_C
or use label m honey and oat conditioner once a week that works a treat i use it and it smoothes and repairs any ends.

getting your hair trimmed more often than usual will help also.

Posted 8 May 2010
TheDoll
Model
TheDoll
For the ends I use Bonacure (shwarzkoph) sealed ends treatment - works for me, then overall - I tend to try different treatments - kerastase has good masks, I also like Redken and Bedhead. Wella is very good, but you need to find what your hair like. I also do some natural treatments myself and make sure I don't use to much heating when styling - in fact I use hair dryer and straighteners very rarely.

Posted 13 May 2010
aussie two minute miracle from superdrugs or boots is the only one ive found really worked, I have the same problem what I tend to do is just use a normal conditioner put a towel round my head then go and type my uni work up for an hour before washing it off xx

Posted 13 May 2010
I agree, the Aussie stuff is amazing, I've got insanely long hair and I'm too skint/lazy to get it cut regularly so I rely on that stuff to make it shiny and everyone's been fooled so far! emoticon I'm going to get my hair cut on Thursday for the first time in a year and a half, I'm dreading what the hairdresser's going to say  emoticon I'm gonna get my wrists slapped lol
SM
Posted 8 June 2010
River
Model
River
Ok guys,
after a consultation with my new hairdresser (I literally had the salon owner, his wife, the colourist and another senior stylist crowded round me giving their opinions and advice...talk about service!), we have decided on the best course of action for my hair.
I have bought the 'Wella Salon professionals' repair shampoo and conditioner, and they have also given me some free hair masks. The products are really lovely, ive only been using them two days and I can see a massive difference.

Just wondering what is the best way to dry your hair without a hairdryer? I always put it in a plait overnight, but in the morning it is still wet and a bit frazzled looking, yet if I dry it with a hairdryer it looks in better condition than leaving it to dry naturally. Isnt it supposed to be the other way round?? Lol. Im not putting any products in it either, apart from heat protect spray if I do decide to use the hairdryer (which Im trying to do less!)

Posted 10 June 2010
Generally I leave it in a towel for a good while after I get out of the shower which takes the worst of the wet out of it then leave it to dry naturally. If I do use the hairdryer I tend to put it on the lowest heat and feeblest blower, takes longer to dry but my hair frazzles less. Heat protection spray is a good idea, might start doing that! SM
Posted 11 June 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join