A little something new for us MUAs???

A little something new for us MUAs???

30 posts
13 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=15772

Yet again!!! 4 looks? I know im like an old dog with a very tired well chewed old bone but jeez....im tired of seeing this. I dont look at the castings very often as thankfully (and i say really thankfully) i dont depend on Purestorm for work but on the odd occasion that i do this is all i ever see.... !!!!!emoticon
Posted 13 April 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=15826

On average I know a portrait photographer can make around £500 from selling 1 canvas and a couple of prints on a family portrait... say no more.
Posted 13 April 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 13 April 2010
Richie_uk_2001
Photographer
Richie_uk_20..
I wonder how many people could get that sort of price in a professional salon. Wow! A real bargain there Gaynor. What are you waiting for?

Posted 13 April 2010
Edited by Richie_uk_2001 13 April 2010
Fisherface
Make Up Artist
Fisherface
I saw that and thought the same.  Initially I thought the £25 was extra for expenses on top of a normal fee.  I should've known!

Posted 13 April 2010
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Give 'em a break! They're probably blokes who've never even bought Rimmel or No.7 make-up before. And they definitely won't have a clue how much your gear costs. With a bit of luck they'll see this Thread anyway and you can enlighten them. Dave.
Posted 13 April 2010
makeup
Make Up Artist
makeup
and yet they charge models £100 for an MUA per session....

Posted 15 April 2010
FelicityFatale
Photographer
FelicityFata..
How cheeky! Putting a paid casting up when it's clearly not!

Mass email the photographer and pull him up on it!

Posted 15 April 2010
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
FelicityFatale

How cheeky! Putting a paid casting up when it's clearly not! Mass email the photographer and pull him up on it!

They think if they say they are paying £25 it IS PAID LOL ... what they don't understand is that you would be using 4 times that in products and travel alone that's before your time for the job... it never ends

I am like gaynor, I have stopped checking the castings on here on a daily basis and just have a look now and again as it is rare to find proper paid work here.

Posted 15 April 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Do what I do and just have paid castings come to your email, you hardly ever have to log in lol
Posted 15 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Richie_uk_2001

I wonder how many people could get that sort of price in a professional salon. Wow! A real bargain there Gaynor. What are you waiting for?

I know Rich, I shouldnt sit here and moan, I should jump at this chance!!!emoticonemoticon
Posted 16 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
deetvstudio

Give 'em a break! They're probably blokes who've never even bought Rimmel or No.7 make-up before. And they definitely won't have a clue how much your gear costs. With a bit of luck they'll see this Thread anyway and you can enlighten them. Dave.

Ha ha ha Dave, I wish i COULD go out and buy Rimmel for my kit!!!!! lol If only!! Alas, my makeup costs 6 times the amount Rimmel does emoticon
Posted 16 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
ClaireShipman

Do what I do and just have paid castings come to your email, you hardly ever have to log in lol

Lol  That figures!!! lol
Posted 16 April 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
I love Rimmels Kohl Liners do they count?
Posted 17 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
lATEST HOT NEWS ON THE CASTING SECTION!!! NOW GIRLS AND BOYS DONT FIGHT OVER IT!!!!!............. My budget for hair and make-up is only £10 as I will not be getting paid for the shoot. For this you will obviously not be required to stay at the shoot but extra payment comes in the form of tea and biccies while you're at my house preparing me! GROOOOOAAAAANNN!!!!!!
Posted 17 April 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Ooops i meant LATEST...lol

Posted 17 April 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join