TF with Iveta?

22 posts
15 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
Any MUA's out there want to collaborate skills?

[ #ff0000;">date removed - use the Casting Calls ]

PM me if interested.
Posted 15 Jan 2010
Edited by Love 20 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
You may find it better if you post this in 'Castings' as nobody posts here anymore
Posted 15 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
Having posted in the casting section#ff0000;">*, I did have 1 or 2 possibilities but nobody near enough.
The time is likely to be [#ff0000;">removed] for an hour or so.

This model is stunning and a must for anyones portfolio.

#ff0000;">
#ff0000;">*Comment : In future if your advert in the Casting Calls fails DO NOT re-post in the forums.
#ff0000;">Are you aware that Upgrading increases your PM allowance thereby letting you contact more MUAs.
Posted 20 Jan 2010
Edited by Love 20 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
SoloPromotions

Having posted in the casting section, I did have 1 or 2 possibilities but nobody near enough.
The time is likely to be 3pm for an hour or so.

This model is stunning and a must for anyones portfolio.

Hi

No offence intended but the images in your portfolio show nothing suitable for a make up artists portfolio. Perhaps try showing some work that may benefit an mua doing TF* with you.

Cheers
Claire

Posted 20 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I think maybe you should consider 'paying' a pro?? As then you will get what you want and an MUA is there to do a job not receive images important to her/his portfolio as i agree with Claire.... No disrespect but if your'e an agency surely you realise that?
Posted 20 Jan 2010
Edited by Secondskin 20 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
I am allowing use of my studio at no cost, my time at no cost to have the opportunity to work with this model who is rarely in this area.
For this they get to add to their folio, at no cost.

Did you realise that?

Who is it costing more, I'd probably say  that is a fair assumption for a mutual benefit.

as for work in my PS folio, since the re-shuffle of my images, I actually took down the MUA Geisha images, felt it was time for a change.
Posted 20 Jan 2010
kruse
Photographer
kruse
SoloPromotions

I am allowing use of my studio at no cost, my time at no cost to have the opportunity to work with this model who is rarely in this area.
For this they get to add to their folio, at no cost.

Did you realise that?

Who is it costing more, I'd probably say  that is a fair assumption for a mutual benefit.

as for work in my PS folio, since the re-shuffle of my images, I actually took down the MUA Geisha images, felt it was time for a change.

My guess is you are paying Iveta though.

Whilst she is a great model working with her without having pictures at the end of it to put in a MUAs port makes the whole thing pretty limp for a MUA as there is nothing in your portfolio to suggest that the MUA will get the very specific sort of image they require to promote their skill set.

Jeremy

Posted 20 Jan 2010
And I doubt with an attitude like that many mua's would jump at the chance to work tf with you either.....
Although YOU many be desperate enough to work with a particular model, that you're willing to work at cost to yourself, have you considered that maybe the mua isn't?
Since you didn't get the response you wanted from your casting, the question should have been answered for you....

Posted 20 Jan 2010
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
misty_model

And I doubt with an attitude like that many mua's would jump at the chance to work tf with you either..... Although YOU many be desperate enough to work with a particular model, that you're willing to work at cost to yourself, have you considered that maybe the mua isn't? Since you didn't get the response you wanted from your casting, the question should have been answered for you....

You would think wouldn't you ????  seems since he didn't get the response he thought he would come in this forum and slate MUA's instead lol  great way to build a report that.
I also agree with Jeremy, I would think that Iveta is getting paid and there is no guarantee from work shown here that an MUA will get good images to make it worth their while
Posted 20 Jan 2010
Edited by simplydivine 20 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
You only have to view her images or website to see what benefits are feasible.
As for 'guessing', that is a presumption, never presume as you don't know the facts, which is my business and the models.
The studio I am using has her booked up well before I get any time with her, so it isn't desperation at all, having worked with her before, anyone in a similar situation would most certainly want to a second time. I fail to see how good images cannot be acquired.
I also fail to see how I have 'slated' anyone?
If you don't want to be of use, then don't, this post was for an opportunity, not for the vultures to circle and pick an arguement.

Posted 21 Jan 2010
kruse
Photographer
kruse
SoloPromotions

You only have to view her images or website to see what benefits are feasible. As for 'guessing', that is a presumption, never presume as you don't know the facts, which is my business and the models. The studio I am using has her booked up well before I get any time with her, so it isn't desperation at all, having worked with her before, anyone in a similar situation would most certainly want to a second time. I fail to see how good images cannot be acquired. I also fail to see how I have 'slated' anyone? If you don't want to be of use, then don't, this post was for an opportunity, not for the vultures to circle and pick an arguement.

You're missing the point I think.

No-one disputes that Iveta is a good model.

The fact is that your portfolio has no evidence that you can take the sort of image that would benefit a MUAs portfolio.  MUAs, therefore, not unsurprisingly, have not engaged with you because they can see no evidence that a shoot with you, irrespective of the model, will be of benefit to their portfolio.

No-one is trying to pick an argument, they have simply stated the facts as they see them.  That you don't like those facts is entirely up to you but accusing people of being vultures just because they point those facts out is a little short-sighted (in that you will offend the very people that you are trying to attract) and childish (in that you have really missed the point of people's comments).

Jeremy

Posted 21 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
Should one have images in a folio to show such work? That is down to the individual.

And considering this was a post for an MUA in an MUA forum, what it has to do with you I don't know....I'm sure you'll come back with 'I'm entitled to have an opinion' and attempt to talk down to me, but really you don't matter...so jog on dear boy...the only thing we have in common is that we both have no images to show MUA work in our PS folio.

Posted 21 Jan 2010
SoloPromotions
Photographer
SoloPromotio..
Thread done with, position filled.
Many thanks to all those that showed an interest in my post, no wonder I rarely bother!

Posted 21 Jan 2010
kruse
Photographer
kruse
SoloPromotions

Should one have images in a folio to show such work? That is down to the individual. And considering this was a post for an MUA in an MUA forum, what it has to do with you I don't know....I'm sure you'll come back with 'I'm entitled to have an opinion' and attempt to talk down to me, but really you don't matter...so jog on dear boy...the only thing we have in common is that we both have no images to show MUA work in our PS folio.

Well, yes, you do need an image in your portfolio to show MUAs with whom you wish to work that you are capable of delivering the goods.  What else is going to persuade them it is worth their time, effort and investment?

As to the post being in the MUA forum?  So what?  You're not a MUA and you're in there.  It's part of the larger site and access is open to anyone.

Quite why, when you have received good advice from a number of people, you should seek to be abusive is a little odd.  Perhaps if you could get over yourself and realise that the advice was intelligent, constructive and well meant then you wouldn't be alienating the group of people you are so keen to have come and work with you.

As I am not looking for a MUA then my not having any suitable images on my portfolio isn't a problem for me.

Cheers

Jeremy

Posted 21 Jan 2010
mikeMatthews
Photographer
mikeMatthews
SoloPromotions

You only have to view her images or website to see what benefits are feasible. As for 'guessing', that is a presumption, never presume as you don't know the facts, which is my business and the models. The studio I am using has her booked up well before I get any time with her, so it isn't desperation at all, having worked with her before, anyone in a similar situation would most certainly want to a second time. #ff0000;"> I fail to see how good images cannot be acquired. I also fail to see how I have 'slated' anyone? If you don't want to be of use, then don't, this post was for an opportunity, not for the vultures to circle and pick an arguement.

I think that depends on who is taking the photographs.
Posted 21 Jan 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join