What percentage of MUA are full time proffessionals on this site...

What percentage of MUA are full time proffessionals on this site...

10 posts
5 Jan 2010
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
What percentage of MUA s on this site, are full time insured qualified professionals on this site?

How does this compare with models and photographers?

I was just wondering....

#ff0000;">
Moderator Comment : Due to H&S and DoC requirements these days Purestorm only approves MUA applications
from those who attest they are trading as qualified (diploma/ degree) MUAs or on recognised Further Education course.
We do not accept applications from those with just beautician, hair sylist, nail technician or hair extension certificates.

Posted 5 Jan 2010
Edited by Jacqui 6 Jan 2010
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
Victoria, this is my full time profession although I don't know how this would compare to modles and togs
Posted 6 Jan 2010
MarcelloPozzetti
Photographer
MarcelloPozz..
It is a very difficult answer because of the huge number of members which is difficult to cense.  In my personal modest guess, I think the % of professional MUA's on here is bigger than the % of professional models and  photographers although their number in absolute is smaller.This assumptions goes back to the fact that the few times in the past I tried to make a a team for some TF project, I actually never managed to raise MUA on a TF basis and those who applied were all declared fully potential unwilling to do TF.I  have instead met a large % of amateur-semi pro models.
I was always very impressed by the skill level of the MUA used. 

This is only my personal opinion so feel free to differRegardsM
Posted 6 Jan 2010
Edited by MarcelloPozzetti 6 Jan 2010
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianS..
Full time, insured & qualified x

Posted 6 Jan 2010
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphoto..
Victoria_Howard

What percentage of MUA s on this site, are full time insured qualified professionals on this site?

How does this compare with models and photographers?

I was just wondering....

By full time do you mean those who derive the majority of their income from doing photographic makeup such that, after tax, they make a profit equal to or above the minimum wage?  Or are you including those who suplement their income working on make-up counters, beauty salons etc?  If the former I suggest the number would be quite low just as it is for models and photographers.
Posted 6 Jan 2010
majk
Photographer
majk
A quick look at the "status" of UK mua's on here says that;

13.9% (55) amateaurs
23.7% (94) semi-pro
62.4% (247) professionals

Then again, that's not likely too be accurate as a we all know that not all members are very honest with their and/or don't really understand what they mean. And as Paul says, it depends on how you define a full time professional.

Posted 6 Jan 2010
Edited by majk 6 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Fully qualified and insured!!!

Posted 6 Jan 2010
squodge
Photographer
squodge
I'm an amateur MUA on here, and I applied for my MUA account with proper documentation too. I'm insured as well, weirdly, but I don't make money from it. And in fact I've not doing a makeover for a very long time since starting. Life just got in the way!

~ squodge ~

Posted 8 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Secondskin

Fully qualified and insured!!!

+1 emoticon

and work full time as a photographic and bridal artist.
Posted 8 Jan 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 8 Jan 2010
angelmakeupartistry
Make Up Artist
angelmakeupa..
i'm near enough fulltime employment, between 25 and 35 hours a week, most of ir in a makeover studio x
Posted 10 Jan 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join