Titanium Dioxide free foundations???

Titanium Dioxide free foundations???

19 posts
3 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I dont suppose anyone could tell me if they have used Stila makeup in their kit please?? Im looking for a range of titanium free foundation thats easy to get hold of?? Anyone got any suggestions? I would be grateful for your input ladies...emoticonemoticon

Thankyou emoticon
Posted 3 Jan 2010
Edited by Secondskin 3 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Not 100% sure if there TD free but high street foundation wise (Easy to get hold of) I find L'Oreal's true Match (Liquid) photographs lovely (which leas me to think it is TD free) its not as amazing as say Rcma, Cinema Secrets, Mufe, Fa, Smashbox etc but good enough I'd say.
Posted 4 Jan 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 4 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Ahhhh right...thanks Claire As it happens my kit is full of Smashbox...i love it!! but i didnt realise it was TD free. Never heard of Mufe so im gonna google that one. Thankyouuuuu
Posted 4 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Make up Forever HD you want wow wow wow its amazing!!! Thing Guru Make up Emporium do it and its cheaper than at make up provisions in London
Posted 5 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Iv just found a set of 6 colours for £156.00 Is that a good price??
Posted 5 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
If you register with Guru as a pro you can get 35% of MUFE which makes 6 shades about £110

http://gurumakeupemporium.com/id76.html

p.s. here's some info on the HD range, they have raving reviews many comparing it to a liquid Rcma
Posted 5 Jan 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 5 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I cant seem to find a register button?? lol Am i blind???lol

Posted 5 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Secondskin

I cant seem to find a register button?? lol Am i blind???lol

Think you need to email or call them to ask for a make up forever pro discount form, then you provide 3 forms of id to prove your a working mua.

Posted 7 Jan 2010
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Are you looking for TiO2 free due to the reflectance?  I tried different brands and photographed them and I wonder if this is part myth, or at least not as bad as people think.  Mac foundations, I believe, have TiO2 and it looked fine when photographed to me.

Si
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Edited by Allinthemind 7 Jan 2010
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
ClaireShipman

Think you need to email or call them to ask for a make up forever pro discount form, then you provide 3 forms of id to prove your a working mua.

Give them a ring and speak to Aine (pronounced Onya)  - very helpful lady xx
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Allinthemind

Are you looking for TiO2 free due to the reflectance?  I tried different brands and photographed them and I wonder if this is part myth, or at least not as bad as people think.  Mac foundations, I believe, have TiO2 and it looked fine when photographed to me.

Si

Yes Si. I was just toying with the idea of using Titanium free due to possible  light reflecting issues, Although my products seem to be ok so far so im not sure about all the hype???  Im also toying with the idea of buying some new HD airbrushing makeups instead of usual application.emoticon
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Edited by Secondskin 7 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Try photographing mineral make up, some brands are loaded with the stuff. TD is a chemical used in suncreams to help block the suns rays and causes major flashback when a flash is fired at it (depending on the amount).

a lot of foundations do have it, but quite small amounts which is usually fine (may create a slight grey cast, looking at the chest to the face) find a make up loaded with it and it will totally screw up your photographs.

Its interesting to just photograph it and see what happens... but trust me, its not a myth, it looks dreadful.

Here is an interesting reads on it:

http://faythemesic.blogspot.com/

Posted 7 Jan 2010
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Thanks Claire. When I trained in makeup, I tested about 6-10 different foundations and couldn't see the flashback, however, I have noticed it at weddings and now you mention it, this MUA used her own mineral line of makeup. So really, it's best to test the foundation under flash to be sure? The MAX Fac color adapt works fine. I use it mostly as it gives good matching, low reflectance and is easy to edit I've never seen flaking from it, I use Clarins face powders., mostly Mac eye shadows, various others. Thabks again.. Si Below is Max Fac..
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
ClaireShipman

Try photographing mineral make up, some brands are loaded with the stuff. TD is a chemical used in suncreams to help block the suns rays and causes major flashback when a flash is fired at it (depending on the amount). a lot of foundations do have it, but quite small amounts which is usually fine (may create a slight grey cast, looking at the chest to the face) find a make up loaded with it and it will totally screw up your photographs. Its interesting to just photograph it and see what happens... but trust me, its not a myth, it looks dreadful. Here is an interesting reads on it: http://faythemesic.blogspot.com/

Very VERY interesting read Claire...im definately going to be making some changes )
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I happen to love Max Factor...i know alot of makeup artists would cringe at the thought, but i have a lot of it in my kit Although i discovered that their new Secondskin makeup range is loaded with TD...sadly i just bought the whole range before i found out...ha ha so Ebay here i come!!! Iv opted for Stila and Smashbox and looking at Cinema Secrets and Too Faced?
Posted 7 Jan 2010
Edited by Secondskin 7 Jan 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join