We been trimmed

27 posts
2 Dec 2009
MMM_WOW
Make Up Artist
MMM_WOW
Well folks we is now down to one heading in the MUA section , i think we had better make a bit more use of it or they might cut this one as well emoticon
Posted 2 Dec 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
lol lol i just noticed....Do you think we are slowly being phased out????lol lol
Posted 2 Dec 2009
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Don't worry, if none of your anti-social MUA mates can be bothered chatting to you I'll  do it.

Just a thought. Maybe you should have added PAID in the thread title to guarantee catching their eye.

Bob emoticon
Posted 2 Dec 2009
MMM_WOW
Make Up Artist
MMM_WOW
They arent really anti social , but I get your point , I was thinking of adding Paid to the title thread but then on here they would have thought it was a hoax

Having just written that I had a quick look in the casting section and there does seem to be more paid work appearing , so maybe the message is getting across  emoticon

Next thing you know they will be posting paid work for photographers but then I maybe living in cloud cuckoo land emoticon
Posted 2 Dec 2009
Edited by MMM_WOW 2 Dec 2009
Bob
Photographer
Bob
MMM_WOW

Next thing you know they will be posting paid work for photographers

Sorry, been on oxygen for the last thirty minutes after reading that!
Paid work for photographers? You must be having a

Bob
Posted 3 Dec 2009
majk
Photographer
majk
Bob

Sorry, been on oxygen for the last thirty minutes after reading that!
Paid work for photographers? You must be having a

Bob

Well, to be honest, there HAS been quite a few #ff3399; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; ">paid casting call for a photographer #000000; font-size: 12px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; ">such as this one. So, it's not ALL doom.
Posted 3 Dec 2009
Bob
Photographer
Bob
majk

Well, to be honest, there HAS been quite a few #ff3399;">paid casting call for a photographer #000000;">such as this one.

False alarm. That's just another stereotypical 'glamour model' Casting Call with the options set wrong.

Bob emoticon
Posted 3 Dec 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
ha ha John, I noticed that there are more paid castings , shame not much in my area but hey ho. I think people are realising we need paying when they get no response to wanting us to work TF all the time. MUA's are not anti social by the way Bob we chat on here and message each other when we have time, but as for most this is our full time job, we are hopefully out earning money more often than sitting in front of the pc lol
Posted 3 Dec 2009
lashestolockes
Make Up Artist
lashestolock..
Hi all

People have been adding paid work to their casting calls, then when you take a close look they are only offering expenses or £20

When will we be recognised as professionals

Bob

Don't worry, if none of your anti-social MUA mates can be bothered chatting to you I'll  do it.

Just a thought. Maybe you should have added PAID in the thread title to guarantee catching their eye.

Bob emoticon

Posted 3 Dec 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Im still here (Occasionally)
Posted 3 Dec 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
lashestolockes

Hi all

People have been adding paid work to their casting calls, then when you take a close look they are only offering expenses or £20

When will we be recognised as professionals

I know how is it allowed to go up as a paid job when its travel expenses plus prints when you take a closer look? emoticon

Posted 3 Dec 2009
lisataylor_mua
Make Up Artist
lisataylor_m..
ClaireShipman

I know how is it allowed to go up as a paid job when its travel expenses plus prints when you take a closer look? emoticon

Or worse still, a job that is totally unpaid as in the case of one of the current castings.  I've no objection to people asking for help with charity work whatsoever, but disguising it as paid is annoying! emoticon
Posted 3 Dec 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
lol yes Lisa i noticed tha one too.. if it's for charity just say so don't make out it's paid first of all! And whilst there is paid work going up as has been noted it is generally not for much money. I have answered some paid castings with my rates only to receive replies of , oh I have changed my plans now lol ( euphamism for how much ???? i think lol not that I am expensive just the going rate lol ) oh well it keeps us entertained for a few mins
Posted 3 Dec 2009
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
lisataylor_mua

Or worse still, a job that is totally unpaid as in the case of one of the current castings.  I've no objection to people asking for help with charity work whatsoever, but disguising it as paid is annoying! emoticon

you could always report it, there is a button on the casting calls

Posted 3 Dec 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
lol lol, I noticed the offer of £20 AND it was said in a way that we were supposed to go....awww wow arent you kind!!!!!!! lol lol. I find it all very amusing now. I dont get upset by it. If people want to work with me, they pay me and those who dont wish to pay find another MUA.. SIMPLES!!!!
Posted 3 Dec 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join