New Casting call for MUAs

New Casting call for MUAs

40 posts
1 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Is it me or is there no casting calls for MUAs in the casting area? Is that because people just dont need MUAs at the moment or is it that i cant see them???? Seems to have gone very quiet since the change over???

emoticon
Posted 1 Nov 2009
MMM_WOW
Make Up Artist
MMM_WOW
Dont think anyone loves us lot anymore, besides why would they want to hire a pro? they can all do their own make-up, or go on a days course and be ''qualified''  and as for calls for bodypainters dont even go there emoticonunless of course you are willing to tralvell 300 miles for a tfp to enhance your own portfolio, unless of course they except all the advice on the other threads , like using acrylic or kids paints or emulsion.

I am fast becoming even more of a cynic , i think I am turning into Victor Meldrewemoticon
Posted 1 Nov 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
Hi MMM_WOW I like your new image! I like the new casting call thing its easier to use... Maybe it just needs time.
Posted 1 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Id like the new casting call IF it had anything in it!!!!! lol. I think youre right John. If i were relying on bodypainting jobs off here id be stuffed!! Fortunately for me, word of mouth works far better.
Posted 1 Nov 2009
Edited by Secondskin 2 Nov 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
Gaynor it works ok its just that when you narrow it down to paid work there is hardly anything there LOL quelle surprise huh ?? at least it only takes 2 secs to check if there is anything now LMAO
Posted 3 Nov 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
At least people wont be getting so annoyed with all the TF requests, I have set it up so I only get email notifications for paid castings. I don't even need to log in anymore until I need to look at a paid casting lol
Posted 3 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
simplydivine

Gaynor it works ok its just that when you narrow it down to paid work there is hardly anything there LOL quelle surprise huh ?? at least it only takes 2 secs to check if there is anything now LMAO

emoticonemoticon Youre SOOOO right. One glance and its all over!!! lol  At least with the new system it will stop us getting frustrated and writing sarcastic replies!!! lol Its put an end to that hasnt it??lol
Posted 4 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
That too Claire!! lol

Posted 4 Nov 2009
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMe..
I wouldn't feel too hard done by - there's no paid work for photographers either!

Posted 4 Nov 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
ClaireShipman

At least people wont be getting so annoyed with all the TF requests, I have set it up so I only get email notifications for paid castings. #c0504d;">I don't even need to log in anymore until I need to look at a paid casting lol

But then you'll miss all the banter and friendly chats!
Not to mention all the eejits expecting the world delivered to them on a silver platter.....

Dave.

Posted 4 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Now Dave!! lol lol thats one thing we WONT miss, Although im sure the eejits will STILL put ridiculous casting calls up.
Posted 4 Nov 2009
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Secondskin

Now Dave!! lol lol thats one thing we WONT miss, Although im sure the eejits will STILL put ridiculous casting calls up.

I thought the "amusement value" was all that kept you MUAs coming back for more.
That's definitely the motivation for a number of Photographers.
It certainly isn't all the Models queuing up to throw money at us.............

Dave.
Posted 4 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I think its the same for all of us on this site. When the word PAYMENT is spoken of.......TUMBLEWEED!!!!!!!!!.............lol
Posted 4 Nov 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
deetvstudio

But then you'll miss all the banter and friendly chats!
Not to mention all the eejits expecting the world delivered to them on a silver platter.....

Dave.

This is very true Dave , no entertainment value now LMAO emoticon
Posted 5 Nov 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
God, its a good job you cant reply on castings......arrgghhh, have you seen the latest one?????? a 9 hr tf????? god damn
Posted 9 Nov 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join