Blocking out eyebrows

Blocking out eyebrows

10 posts
22 Oct 2009

Anyone know the best way to block out eyebrows... just an amazing foundation or anything more specific??

thanks

xxx

Posted 22 Oct 2009
xsofi09x
Make Up Artist
xsofi09x
best way to block eyebrows out that i got taught is to use theatrical wax - put a thin layer of wax over the eyebrows to cover them, then use barrier spray to lock the wax in and then foundation/powder over them.

hope this helps!

Sophie

Posted 22 Oct 2009
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Soap - a block of normal white soap left in warm water til it goes slightly soft. Scrape some off and smooth over the brows. Dry with a hairdryer on a cool setting.

Can be easier to work with than wax and easier to remove as well.

Linds x

Posted 22 Oct 2009
Sonara
Make Up Artist
Sonara
I always use theatrical wax, ive found that the soap method can be a bit fiddly and not always as perfect as using the wax...just make sure you set it fully before using foundation.
*hats off  to Linds for being able to fiddle and work the soap method*
Posted 23 Oct 2009
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Sonara

*hats off  to Linds for being able to fiddle and work the soap method*

Ha ha, thanks - I got in such a mess using Gafquat and can't get the finish as smooth in wax as I can with soap!
Posted 23 Oct 2009
Thanks girls... I'll let you know how i get on xxx
Posted 23 Oct 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Eyebrow plastic...its brilliant. You can get it from Facepaint.uk
Posted 23 Oct 2009
ProMakeupMichelle
Make Up Artist
ProMakeupMichelle
I also use theatrical wax, but yup the other products/methods work well too!!! Have fun - Hope you get the hang of it
Posted 24 Oct 2009

I am being really silly today but..... why would you need to block your eyebrows out?

Posted 24 Oct 2009
haha its not for me... its for a friend of mine... a guy doing a anime school girl shoot... I made the costume and am trying to branch out into hair and makeup but think I'm not so sure about some things...

I don't really have eyebrows so I can't practice on myself
xxxxxxx

Posted 24 Oct 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join