Fixing spray

20 posts
21 Oct 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
Does any one know of a good product that you can spray over the top of paint to stop it smudging.  Fxing powder is fine for photo shoots, but for fully dancers I need something more durable. I used to use Marble Green Barrier Spray, but its murder trying to get hold of it in the UK.

Thank you
Posted 21 Oct 2009
eddkingphotography
Photographer
eddkingphoto..
try hair spray..

Posted 21 Oct 2009
lisataylor_mua
Make Up Artist
lisataylor_m..
Have you tried Ben Nye Final seal? You can get that at most pro make up shops.

Posted 21 Oct 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
eddkingphotography

try hair spray..

Typical....

Posted 21 Oct 2009
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianS..
Have you tried Guru make up? They stock Green Marble - otherwise would the Dermacolour fixing spray work? Not tried it under full on dance conditions but could be worth a try.

Linds x

Posted 21 Oct 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
lisataylor_mua

LindsaySianSnuggs

Thank you! I will try both these options!

Ill also try Guru make up didn't know they sold it!

Posted 22 Oct 2009
eddkingphotography

try hair spray..

ummmm. if i was being painted, i wouldnt fancy being covered in hair spray- to then go and dance
Posted 13 Nov 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
use emulsion that won't smudge.... I'M JOKING!!!!! lol but seriously..
Dauphines have dermacolor fixing spray which is pretty good but have never used it on dancers but it's not too expensive to try it first.
Posted 13 Nov 2009
Edited by simplydivine 13 Nov 2009
eddkingphotography
try hair spray..
Will you all hate me if i say I use hair spray to fix my make-up??? Works a treat for me
Posted 23 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Lisajanejones

Will you all hate me if i say I use hair spray to fix my make-up??? Works a treat for me

Might work now but you'll look 90 when your 30... I cant believe anyone would do that to thereself emoticon
Especially when there are like 20 or more brands of make up fixing spray available.
Posted 23 Jan 2010
Edited by ClaireShipman 23 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Might work now but you'll look 90 when your 30... I cant believe anyone would do that to thereself Especially when there are like 20 or more brands of make up fixing spray available.
Im just a cheap-skate! Please forgive my faux-pas
Posted 23 Jan 2010
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Lisajanejones

Im just a cheap-skate! Please forgive my faux-pas

lol please don't put hairspray on your face me lovely, it is incredibly bad for your sin, it will block your pores so your skin cant breath and regular usage will help deepen fine lines and wrinkles as it dries and tightens into your skin. It makes your hair crispy, so think what your skin is going through.

Ben Nye do a make up fixing spray or Kryolan of the top of my head ir even set your make up with quite a lot of translucent powder. emoticon
Posted 24 Jan 2010
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
I can almost hear your pores scrrrrrreeeeeaaming.....HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 24 Jan 2010
Edited by Secondskin 24 Jan 2010
Vintage_Beauty_stylist
Make Up Artist
Vintage_Beau..
lisataylor_mua

Have you tried Ben Nye Final seal? You can get that at most pro make up shops.

+1

I highly recommend this product!
Posted 19 Feb 2010
If I sprayed myself with hairspray guarenteed I;d get something stuck to me It really dismays me that people do that to themselves, I throw things at the TV every time some perma tanned orange gremlin says to use hairspray on your face on that Snog Marry Avoid. I also suggest the item above, It kept paint on me for hours... (days lol)
Posted 9 March 2010
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join