To Chaperone....Or Not To Chaperone?...............

To Chaperone....Or Not To Chaperone?...............

It seems this conversation has now been locked
31 posts
18 Oct 2009
I am new to modelling, the first professional and very kind photographer who helped me on my way advised that a chaperone is a good idea....

My chaperone is my wonderful boyfriend, he is patient, supportive and very kind. He is not the possessive, over protective type who would cause problems at a shoot- he supports any move i try to make in my modelling career, purely because he supports and stands by me.

I appreciate, a lot, why some photographers may dislike the idea of a models partner coming along to a shoot as they may have had problems with them from time to time. This is not an issue and i understand where they are coming from.

I feel terrible because 1 or 2 photographers have felt actually insulted at the thought that i like to bring a chaperone- is this so wrong?

It is not at all that i distrust the photographer, i do not think they are dangerous or a threat- its simply makes me feel more relaxed.

Am i mayble a little niave??
Posted 18 Oct 2009
ChrisConway
Photographer
ChrisConway
Do a search for the word "chaperone" on the forums and see what you find
Posted 18 Oct 2009
eddkingphotography
Photographer
eddkingphoto..
I have no problem with models bringing chaperones.. Gives my assistant someone to rape too...

EDIT - space under my patio is getting quite limited tho.. so no fatties please!
Posted 18 Oct 2009
Edited by eddkingphotography 18 Oct 2009
ChrisConway
Photographer
ChrisConway
eddkingphotography

I have no problem with models bringing chaperones.. Gives my assistant someone to rape too...

Wahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Posted 18 Oct 2009
fellowes
Photographer
fellowes
nuflo

Wahahahahahahahahahaha!!

+1
Posted 18 Oct 2009
adamrobertsonphotography
Photographer
adamrobertso..
eddkingphotography

EDIT - space under my patio is getting quite limited tho.. so no fatties please!

emoticon

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

i've got a big garden ive still got some space lol
Posted 18 Oct 2009
Foundation
Photographer
Foundation
It's your choice. Set your rates and conditions and then see what bookings you get. From a safety perspective it's a good idea but you will lose some business. Some chaperones are fine but many aint. In saying that. Some togs are fine but many aint.
Posted 18 Oct 2009
SAD
Photographer
SAD
adamrobertsonphotography

emoticon

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

i've got a big garden ive still got some space lol

Jeez!! you've stil got space? I'm already into 4 gardens away!! and I've started digging down now and stacking them!emoticon
Posted 18 Oct 2009
Hey you guys are being unfair! LOL fair enough you are giving me the giggles but seriously, i need some proper advise!!

Posted 18 Oct 2009
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
i think bringing a chaperone should be given more detail, generally i'd be happy for people to be chaperoned but not in the actual studio where the photos are being taken as it's distracting however in the next room with a cup of tea or something i'd be fine with
Posted 18 Oct 2009
imageaware
Photographer
imageaware
eddkingphotography

emoticon  That is easily the most brutal and yet funniest comment I have ever read on purestorm!!!!!

G.

Posted 18 Oct 2009
Well that would be cool, thanks for the useful comment
Posted 18 Oct 2009
eddkingphotography
Photographer
eddkingphoto..
megan88121

Hey you guys are being unfair! LOL fair enough you are giving me the giggles but seriously, i need some proper advise!!

OK - serious advice... if you are going to bring a chaperone don't bring your boyfriend! its a pain in the arse and although it may make you feel comfortable its totally the opposite for the photographer. To be honest tho, if you are working with professional photographers in a professional environment there is no need at all to bring one.. If you are going to work with dodgy GWC's in hotel rooms.. well.. thats not modeling so its not really relivant.. but sure.. bring a friend to watch the perv get a hard on looking at you naked emoticon
Posted 18 Oct 2009
PixieG
Model
PixieG
I've done shoots without a chaperone and been fine - check the feedback of the tog and PM their previous models, if they have a website look at it - if you still feel unsure then don't book. Always tell someone where you are and (within reason) the time you expect to be finished - and if you must have a chaperone then they should be very discreet - not get in the way - and keep quiet!
Posted 18 Oct 2009
SAD
Photographer
SAD
megan88121

OK Megan... Every photographer has their own ideas on chaperones....

Firstly, you will find some don't mind them, but it may well depend on the type of work. eg. TF, paid, part paid....I can assume that you're talking about TF? in which case I personally don't have a problem with chaperones(although boyfriends tend to be intrusive anyway) but it depends what level you're shooting to.

If it was paid or part paid then I operate a no chaperone policy... they're welcome to meet me when they drop you off but they can go look round the shops etc and come back later when I've finished....

Very much a 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Posted 18 Oct 2009
It seems this conversation has now been locked