Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all...

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

It seems this conversation has now been locked
145 posts
23 Sep 2009

Why is it that people are so against chaperones?
This world is not perfect and with so many weirdos out
there surely people would rather we were safe than sorry!!!!!!

Posted 23 Sep 2009
phatti3878
Photographer
phatti3878
If you worked at the check outs at tesco would you take your mothers brothers sisters aunty along to make sure all the customers didn't attack you.

Posted 23 Sep 2009
Wow this is a really interesting and fresh topic. Don't think anyone's covered this one before  emoticon...
Posted 23 Sep 2009
Badger
Photographer
Badger
phatti3878

If you worked at the check outs at tesco would you take your mothers brothers sisters aunty along to make sure all the customers didn't attack you.

I think that there is a slight difference between the checkout at Tescos, and a young model in her underwear, on her own with just a tog in a studio.

I hav no problems whatsoever with chaperones.

Trevor
Posted 23 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse
kirstynsheriff

Please, please, please do a search of the forums for this topic and ask the mods to lock this one down.

Starting another macarroon thread is not going to do you any favours emoticon

Posted 23 Sep 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
kirstynsheriff

The "chaperone" is just as likely to be one of these "weirdos" as the photographer is.

Posted 23 Sep 2009
Edited by whicker 23 Sep 2009
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
oh dear....

Posted 23 Sep 2009
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Posted 23 Sep 2009
RussFreeman
Photographer
RussFreeman
I don't mind chaperones. Two bodies are as easy to bury as one. I like this topic almost as much as the last chaperone thread
Posted 23 Sep 2009
whicker
Photographer
whicker
RussFreeman

Two bodies are as easy to bury as one.

What about the chaperone's chaperone?
Posted 23 Sep 2009
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
kirstynsheriff

And your chaperone could be one of them many weirdos
Posted 23 Sep 2009
Posted 23 Sep 2009
Edited by Tidal_Kitten 23 Sep 2009
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMe..
kirstynsheriff

I totally agree about the number of weirdos in the world. I personally never leave the front door without my  burly chaperone because those weirdos are everywhere - bus stops, street corners, shops etc. It's shame that you take the view that apparently ALL photographers are weirdos, therefore you need a chaperone when with them more so than you would in your normal day to day life.
Posted 23 Sep 2009
phatti3878
Photographer
phatti3878
Badger

I think that there is a slight difference between the checkout at Tescos, and a young model in her underwear, on her own with just a tog in a studio.

I hav no problems whatsoever with chaperones.

Trevor

But at the end of the day it is your choice of job/ hobby. If you are not comfortable doing it then don't do it. Sites like this have reference systems (that people choose to ignore) They are there for a reason and not just to butter up a photographer/ model for cheeper rastes next time, they are there to report problems etc which if used correctly would slowely erradicate the photographers/ models who are not good to work with. At the end of the day you can be attacked no matter where you are or what your doing. Just because you are working with someone nacked in there house doesn't make them any more likely to attack you. How many million people are there in the UK and out of them how many have attacked etc. Now how many of them were photographers. The press are making us all scared of each other by just printing bad news all the time. Why don't we bring in a chaperones profile section, that way we can all leave them feedback if they were a good chaperone thats fine but if they get rude and abusive then we can report them, and yes it has happened and yes i did have one steel £100 from my flat while i shot his girlfriend. Unfortunatly that £100 was her wages. And yes i do allow chaperones on my shoots unless I'm shooting in my own home. Altho there is nothing wrong with the models having somebody drop them off/ collect them.
Posted 23 Sep 2009
IainT
Photographer
IainT
I'll try and be constructive....

Wow...you are seriously pretty!

I cant see why you would have to take on the sort of jobs where you would feel the need for a chaperone! 

You,re based in London, you should be able to find a good commercial agent, I reckon.

Posted 23 Sep 2009
Edited by IainT 23 Sep 2009
It seems this conversation has now been locked