Covering someone in silver foil

Covering someone in silver foil

14 posts
13 Sep 2009
RussFreeman
Photographer
RussFreeman
Hi everyone, me again emoticon

I appreciate this might seem strage but...I was wondering of anyone has advice on sticking silver foil to someone - not all over, just selected parts...well, maybe all over if it goes well I suppose.

What kind of glue could I use? It would have to be something that doesn't stick too permanently I think.

Thanks!

russ.
Posted 13 Sep 2009
Me again.

*waves to Russ*

I will tell you via msn how I done it

x

Posted 13 Sep 2009
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
I used to use water to stick it to windows, great for keeping light out of rooms. Not sure if that would work on skin though...

Posted 13 Sep 2009
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
i did this at school for a prodject in art if you cover them all over it will hold its self on
Posted 13 Sep 2009
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
... what ideas have you got now Russ? Sounds intriguing...

Posted 25 Sep 2009
Don't glue it (B&Q kit anyone?) Use vaseline.... works for gold leaf, will work for tin.
Posted 25 Sep 2009
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Spirit gum?

Works for beards and tashes maybe work for tin foil.
Posted 25 Sep 2009
Edited by kt101 25 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse
RussFreeman

Hi everyone, me again emoticon

I appreciate this might seem strage but...I was wondering of anyone has advice on sticking silver foil to someone - not all over, just selected parts...well, maybe all over if it goes well I suppose.

What kind of glue could I use? It would have to be something that doesn't stick too permanently I think.

Thanks!

russ.

Slightly off at a tangent but you might want to think about using space blankets instead of foil (depending, of course, on your actual idea) as they are rather more flexible whereas with foil you could find it constantly tearing if/as the model moves and also, potentially, quite uncomfortable.

Jeremy

Posted 25 Sep 2009
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
kruse

Slightly off at a tangent but you might want to think about using space blankets instead of foil (depending, of course, on your actual idea) as they are rather more flexible whereas with foil you could find it constantly tearing if/as the model moves and also, potentially, quite uncomfortable.

Jeremy

whats a space blanket??
Posted 25 Sep 2009
RussFreeman
Photographer
RussFreeman
Ha! Tara, don't be so suspicious. I have an idea for a group of shots I'd like to do which involve my willing and excited participant(s) to have bits of them covered in super shiny foil.

Jane, that sounds fantastically. I'm so trying that later...I just need someone local to experiment on.

Posted 25 Sep 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Vaseline is the way to go and not harmful to the model.
Posted 25 Sep 2009
SAD
Photographer
SAD
ClaireShipman

Vaseline is the way to go and not harmful to the model.

+1

Done this before and vaseline is definitely the safest and easiest option
Posted 25 Sep 2009
Edited by SAD 25 Sep 2009
garth01
Photographer
garth01
I have used fake gold leaf on a model it was held on with a smear of vaseline,you can buy it in silver and its cheap,moulds to the shape of the person and has great texture,look in your local craft shop.

Posted 25 Sep 2009
dolphinscuba
Photographer
dolphinscuba
How about trying Olive Oil.  It holds the foil quite well, is easier to spread than vaseline and is also beneficial to your models skin.
Posted 25 Sep 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join