Out of interest, what are the penalities for starting another Macarroo...

Out of interest, what are the penalities for starting another Macarroon thread?

35 posts
1 Sep 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
Because I've got a serious question to ask on the subject.
Posted 1 Sep 2009
Edited by ForumModerator 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
A slow painful death?

Posted 1 Sep 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
regthecat

A slow painful death?

I thought it would be. That's why I didn't just leap in and start one.

Posted 1 Sep 2009
karen_c
Model
karen_c
Ah go on be funny
Posted 1 Sep 2009
kenp
Photographer
kenp
That reminds me, why do they sell Toblerone in airport duty-free shops? It's not as though there is a special tax on them.

Posted 1 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse
kenp

That reminds me, why do they sell Toblerone in airport duty-free shops? It's not as though there is a special tax on them.

Ahh, now I know the answer to that one.

It's so that, in the event of the plane having to land on a slope in an emergency, there is something to put behind the wheels to stop it rolling back.

Jeremy 

Posted 1 Sep 2009
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
TMG

Because I've got a serious question to ask on the subject.

Why should there be a penalty, its a topic that obviously raises a lot of interest when it comes up, and people have the option not to read it if it doesn't interest them.
Posted 1 Sep 2009
Mae
Model
Mae
I've got a question on this too :P Don't dare write it in regthecat's thread haha. What if the chaperone had references, and has worked on professional modelling sets and with professional performers and models, but is also a partner to the model you're hoping to work with
Posted 1 Sep 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
PeterH

Why should there be a penalty, its a topic that obviously raises a lot of interest when it comes up, and people have the option not to read it if it doesn't interest them.

Well, only because it pisses the mods off something chronic and I don't want to start a chaperone thread and have it locked down after a couple of posts.

Posted 1 Sep 2009
kruse
Photographer
kruse
Mae

I've got a question on this too :P Don't dare write it in regthecat's thread haha. What if the chaperone had references, and has worked on professional modelling sets and with professional performers and models, but is also a partner to the model you're hoping to work with

Then it would, as always, be down to the individual photographer concerned emoticon

Posted 1 Sep 2009
TMG
Photographer
TMG
Mae

I've got a question on this too :P Don't dare write it in regthecat's thread haha.What if the chaperone had references, and has worked on professional modelling sets and with professional performers and models, but is also a partner to the model you're hoping to work with

You did read my reply on the Cat's thread, didn't you? Most of us here are very bad men who want to nail younger women and use photography as an excuse for a bit of a letch before we pop our clogs. I fail to see how a chaperone helps that at all.

Posted 1 Sep 2009
lazeeboy
Photographer
lazeeboy
TMG

Well, only because it pisses the mods off something chronic and I don't want to start a chaperone thread and have it locked down after a couple of posts.

You could always call it the "dodgy photographer" thread  ? emoticon
Posted 1 Sep 2009
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
TMG

Macaroon threads only get out of hand when some air-head model or white knight snapper comes out with the "Anyone who doesn't allow chaperones must be dodgy" line.

If that statement were to result in a warning/ban for its publisher, then maybe the threads wouldn't kick off like they do. No-one would be allowed to say "All models are whores" without repercussions, so I fail to see why an equally inaccurate and offensive statement should be allowed to be made so regularly. 
Posted 1 Sep 2009
Edited by Bob 1 Sep 2009
Mae
Model
Mae
PeterH

Macarroon threads only get out of hand when some air-head model or white knight snapper comes out with the "Anyone who doesn't allow chaperones must be dodgy" line.

If that statement were to result in a warning/ban for its publisher, then maybe the threads wouldn't kick off like they do. No-one would be allowed to say "All models are whores" without repercussions, so I fail to see why an equally inaccurate and offensive statement should be allowed to be made so regularly. 

Okay.. So if we can't say photographers are dodgy if they don't want chaperones, and models can't be called whores, how come the good few chaperones get tarnished with all the bad publicity from the bad chaperones?

There are bad photographers, bad models, and bad chaperones, but if we always went with bad=avoid, modelling would die out.

- Mae
Posted 1 Sep 2009
Edited by Bob 1 Sep 2009
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat

I have a cunning plan....whenever you want to use the word 'Chaperone' simply replace with the word 'Macaroon'. The moderators will never spot it. emoticon

So - just start a thread entitled. 'Macaroons on shoots - what is your view?'

Your first post could be smething along the lines of...

"A model arrived at my studio with a macaroon. I asked if she could leave the macaroon in the car during the shoot but she insited that the macaroon always came to shoots with her and all the other togs welcomed her macaroon. Problem was the macaroon was huge and I knew it would be difficult."

Posted 1 Sep 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join