Lighting space whinge

Lighting space whinge

3 posts
5 July 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
Does anyone else have issues with the space and lighting in the dressing/mua areas that many of the studios offer?
I always find the tables too high/narrow to set up equipment on, lighting terrible and space tiny.
I'm thinking about bring my own lights ect with me.  How do others tackle this problem?
Posted 5 July 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Hi Victoria, If you dont have enough space to work, then move. I always ask the photographer if I can move near the shooting area where there is a space or in the kicthen etc, wherever I can get really. We need a lot of space to work and usualy most studios cant cater for this so I go find space elsewhere. I do take a high chair with me sometimes as I suffer with my back if I only have a low chair to work with. Most photographers are really helpful and will clear a space if I dont have anywhere to go.

I have also considred getting some daylight corrected lamps as the lighting in most rooms is VERY different to the lighting on set, If I could work on set then I would.
Posted 10 July 2009
Edited by ClaireShipman 10 July 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Blimey, iv worked in some spaces that leave alot to be desired!!lol. I once even did a bodypaint in the darkness of a tunnel with one spotlamp...ha ha it was an experience.

Posted 10 July 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join