I just got my first NO THANKS!

I just got my first NO THANKS!

20 posts
5 July 2009
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Been here 6months. Had loads of models ignore me.
Just now I got a prompt reply (within 15mins) saying just two words NO THANKS.
I'm impressed! OK a bit loud, terse and negative but at least I got something emoticon
Posted 5 July 2009
tiggerdrew
Photographer
tiggerdrew
swchughes

I'm impressed! OK a bit loud, terse and negative but at least I got something emoticon

Mate that is one scary avatar .....

Posted 5 July 2009
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Was left over from the "faceless togs thread".
For those joining now.. Im back to a normal.

Posted 5 July 2009
tiggerdrew
Photographer
tiggerdrew
swchughes

Was left over from the "faceless togs thread".For those joining now.. Im back to a normal.

Simon,

You can't change it, people will think I'm losing the plot ... LOL

Posted 5 July 2009
jes
Model
jes
swchughes

How rude!  Well, i'm polite and always reply to photographers so why don't you book me??!!  emoticon
Posted 5 July 2009
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
jes

How rude!  Well, i'm polite and always reply to photographers so why don't you book me??!!  emoticon

I could be wrong, but I suspect he was being rejected for TFP shoots. Offering models paid employment usually gets a far more positive response. emoticon

Peter
Posted 5 July 2009
jes
Model
jes
tarmoo

I could be wrong, but I suspect he was being rejected for TFP shoots. Offering models paid employment usually gets a far more positive response. emoticon

Peter

Yes you're probably right, although I often get requests for TFP and I still reply and am still polite!
Posted 5 July 2009
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Simon - I am not totally convinced by your "non scary" avatar - it does look a bit like a scout master checking the weather outside the scout hut.

If you want to get a more positive response from TFP enquiries then perhaps you need some examples in your portfolio of the type of shoots you are claim to shoot - swimwear, lingerie, glamour, topless, gothic, art nude etc. Alternatively, try hiring a model - with the credit crunch there are some very good offers available, or book an hour on a studio day.

Peter
Posted 5 July 2009
Edited by tarmoo 5 July 2009
chymera
Photographer
chymera
Did all the models read the mails you sent? i sent about 30 over the last week about 5 gave me a reply another 5 or so just read them and no reply and about 20 have not botherd to even look at them hell all i was asking was what there rates were, so its not just you mate
Posted 5 July 2009
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Fair point on TFP. The model had no experience, and was open to TFP, so that is what I offered. I've done TFP and paid shoots. I certainly get more repeat work if I pay! I'm not fussed I got turned down I wont miss her. I've already done 3 shoots this week, and 4 models waiting for next week and beyond! @tarmoo, very good points about getting examples of work on my portfolio. I guess I'm limited by number of photos. And hiring is indeed possible. I've just had two offers since this thread began an hour ago! As for my avatar, it was a quick change from one where I was sticking my tongue out. I didn't mean it to get in the way of the main topic. I was once a scout master! That probably makes me more respected in some eyes
Posted 5 July 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_Howard
LOL
You are welcome to come and shoot my work anytime you want.
Victoria

Posted 6 July 2009
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Wow awesome painting!
Shame I am so far away.

Posted 6 July 2009
looks you do decent work man so good luck and keep improving

Posted 7 July 2009
would be good to qork with you
x
Posted 8 July 2009
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
wiltucker

looks you do decent work man so good luck and keep improving

TY. I'll try hard on the improving bit.

brightonblonde

would be good to qork with you
x

TY. I'm keeping your name for some new assignments.

Posted 8 July 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join