Advice

14 posts
28 June 2009
kentphotography
Photographer
kentphotogra..
#4bacc6;">Hi not sure if this is the right section to post this.

Is there such thing as a male make up artist ? Its just that i am a straight male who would like too maybe take up being a Mua at college or something
but i am not sure if that kind of thing is heard of.

Its just something i would like to do. I am already doing art & photography at college and Mua is some what i would like to do after iv finished art & photograph.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

James
Posted 28 June 2009
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
kentphotography

#4bacc6;">Is there such thing as a male make up artist ? Its just that i am a straight male who would like too maybe take up being a Mua at college or something
but i am not sure if that kind of thing is heard of.

This one's male:

SqudgedUp

No idea whether he's straight or bent tho...
Posted 28 June 2009
kentphotography
Photographer
kentphotogra..
mgphotomedia

This one's male:

SqudgedUp

No idea whether he's straight or bent tho...

I was just saying the straight thing because i think most people would think a guy make up artist would be gay
not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just would like to learn the ropes. not sure if anyone would want a male make up artist.
Posted 28 June 2009
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make Up Artist
LindsaySianS..
I know a number of guys working in the media side of the industry, but most of them do special effects & prosthetics.

xx

Posted 28 June 2009
MMM_WOW
Make Up Artist
MMM_WOW
Hi there

Male bodypainter here and straight, but yes there are a lot of straight makeup artists out there emoticon
Posted 28 June 2009
kentphotography
Photographer
kentphotogra..
#f79646;">Cool its good to know. How do you go about taking up Mua? There are quiet a few courses iv seen online from

this one

and others like this

sussex
Posted 28 June 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
Sure there are tons of male MUA's, body painters, and special effects artists. Not at all strange. emoticon
Posted 29 June 2009
http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?psid=Paul_Mua&logon%24btn_searchgo.x=6&logon%24btn_searchgo.y=12

Posted 29 June 2009

kentphotography

I was just saying the straight thing because i think most people would think a guy make up artist would be gay
not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just would like to learn the ropes. not sure if anyone would want a male make up artist.

I'm a model.

I would love it xx

If they are good it makes no difference of which gender.

Posted 29 June 2009
kentphotography
Photographer
kentphotogra..
EmmaAurora

I'm a model.

I would love it xx

If they are good it makes no difference of which gender.

Me too thats why i think i am going too take it up
Posted 30 June 2009
TheMakeupArtist
Make Up Artist
TheMakeupArt..
check this school out:

www.aofmakeup.com

xx

Posted 1 July 2009
Victoria_Howard
Make Up Artist
Victoria_How..
My business partner Fabrizio is a Body Painter and straight.

Posted 2 July 2009
First off, I don't give a crap whether someone's gay, straight, male or female, whatever career someone's in, as long as they have the ability to do the job. I really wouldn't mind nor look twice if a MUA was male. Similar discriminations occur in hairdressing too, it can be seen as 'gay' for a man to be a stylist, but there are tons of males who come to mind, Charles Worthington, Nicky Clarke, John Frieda etc, etc who are straight.  (Tell me if I'm wrong!)  At the end of the day make up is just another medium of art, and if you have the interest and talent don't hold yourself back.
Posted 2 July 2009
Edited by beckym82 2 July 2009
tiggerdrew
Photographer
tiggerdrew
beckym82

First off, I don't give a crap whether someone's gay, straight, male or female,  

How wonderfully patronising of you ...

"but there are tons of males who come to mind, Charles Worthington, Nicky Clarke, John Frieda etc, etc who are straight."

And for the record, I've worked with all three and one of them is gay ...

Posted 2 July 2009
Edited by tiggerdrew 2 July 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join