Airbrush foundation???

Airbrush foundation???

24 posts
22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Im thinking of turning to airbrush foundations. Iv seen a few...Sally Hansen...Mac..Iv tried Christian Dior and loved it but i wondered if any of my fellow MUAs know of any others?? The Sally Hansen seems a bit cheap in price to me but hey if it works thats all that matters. I also have an airbrush system of my own so any products available that im not aware of are a welcome suggestion

Id really appreciate any input emoticon
Posted 22 May 2009
simplydivine
Make Up Artist
simplydivine
I think st. tropez do an airbrush foundation, I have had it done by them before at a training course but was a couple of years ago so don't know if they still do it. It was really lovely finish and long lasting, but for me the expense was a lot as I needed to get the whole airbrush system. If you already have that then you might want to look into these foundations. Hope this helps
Posted 22 May 2009
shartley999
Make Up Artist
shartley999
There are a lot of different companies around now that do airbrush foundation so it will be interesting to see who else are rated. 
I use Airbase (airbasemakeup.com) and love it; good coverage, stays on forever and looks good.   There are 5 foundations in the range keeping your kit lighter (as well as your pocket!) but the downside is they don't cater for darker skins yet - I am told they are currently working on this.  It is a relatively new company but the customer service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble.
Stacy
Posted 22 May 2009
Being a make up artist myself I have to say I love the Christian Dior one!I think it's the best!

Alesha x

Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
simplydivine

I think st. tropez do an airbrush foundation, I have had it done by them before at a training course but was a couple of years ago so don't know if they still do it. It was really lovely finish and long lasting, but for me the expense was a lot as I needed to get the whole airbrush system. If you already have that then you might want to look into these foundations. Hope this helps

Thanks hon, i will xx
Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
shartley999

There are a lot of different companies around now that do airbrush foundation so it will be interesting to see who else are rated. 
I use Airbase (airbasemakeup.com) and love it; good coverage, stays on forever and looks good.   There are 5 foundations in the range keeping your kit lighter (as well as your pocket!) but the downside is they don't cater for darker skins yet - I am told they are currently working on this.  It is a relatively new company but the customer service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble.
Stacy

THANKS emoticon Gonna look these up!! x
Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
aleshaalex

Being a make up artist myself I have to say I love the Christian Dior one!I think it's the best! Alesha x

Christian Dior is BRILLIANT but can get very very costly unfortunately. Unless im doing something wrong...lol..i only got 5 applications out of a £30.00 can????
Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
shartley999

Stacy

Dont suppose you can tell me approximately how many applications you get out of one foundation?? emoticon because these look really good x
Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Has anyone tried TEMPTU?? Iv heard mixed things about them.

Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Iv also found a product by 02 ?? anyone used that one???
Posted 22 May 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
Secondskin

Has anyone tried TEMPTU?? Iv heard mixed things about them.

Funny this should come up, I am looking into buying an airbrush system at the moment. From the info I have found its definatley worth the investment looking at the cost of Dior in a can etc

You might find my search on MM for Temptu useful:

#952" target="_blank">http://www.modelmayhem.com/gsearch.php?cx=012316008079810813905%3A5i_0jf4gfdq&cof=FORID%3A9&q=temptu#952

I know an mua who uses Sally Hansen and loves it, personally I think its rather cheap but who knows, worth a try.

Posted 22 May 2009
Edited by ClaireShipman 22 May 2009
#002060">CatherineElizabeth uses airbrush foundation. She used it on me last week and the results were excellent
Posted 22 May 2009
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipman
The_Brilliant_Brunette

#002060;">CatherineElizabeth uses airbrush foundation. She used it on me last week and the results were excellent

In a can? or compressor unit?
Posted 22 May 2009
#002060">Compressor unit
Posted 22 May 2009
Secondskin
Make Up Artist
Secondskin
Yeah, this is why i want to make use of my compressor unit because even though it cost me the earth, in the long run its gotta be more financially beneficial than using Christian Dior, even though their airbrush makeup IS FAB!!!

Thanks for the info on Temptu hon
Posted 22 May 2009
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join