I am an alternative model and artist's model. I have been modelling since March 2009, mostly TFCD work. I am taking a bread from TFCD now in order to focus on my music career (I am a composer, soprano vocalist and general musician, see
I am more frequently found on www.modelmayhem.com/raevenirata, and much more of my work can be seen there.
I have a facebook "like" page:
You can see much more of my work on my myspace: www.myspace.com/raeven_irata.
I am also going to make a website, which I will link from here when it is ready.
I am available for paid work in Hull and York, and anywhere else if my travel costs are paid. My rates are £10 per hour, but may be different for implied nude/topless, fetish or lingerie, please enquire.
I may still have time for the odd bit of TF* work, there's no harm in at least asking me.
I am especially interested in the following:
- alternative fashion work in exchange for clothing, footwear or exposure. I am especially interested in modelling extreme corsetry (I can currently tightlace my 26" waist to 22.5")
- work that will be published
- Japanese rope bondage (up to implied nudity) - see images in "Raeven Irata's list of tasteful/artistic bondage images" below
I am also interested in the following themes:
-Any related work such as acting/dancing/singing
-Autumn shoot in a graveyard with lots of golden leaves
-Winter colourful knitwear shoot, hopefully in the frost or snow. I have lots of my own knitwear or would love to model someone else's
-Industrial shoot in an epic old factory with lots of pipes and industrial fans and vents - Especially with a creative MUA, and perhaps with another model. I have a full-length PVC dress (amongst other clothing) which could be used for this which I designed and my friend Ambion has made for me
-outfits made out of junk/recycled/reused stuff - I have several ideas of outfits to make myself and have already done one of these (bubble wrap dress with K.R.Y. Photography))
-something involving getting messy/gunky
-shoot on the ice (I can ice skate)
-underwater shoot if you have the technology for it
-vintage and fetish
-ethnic/national dress - various
-Body painting - I have some ideas for this and also open to suggestion
-Creative/experimental makeup headshots
-Romantic Goth location shoots with creative makeup, even better with a male model
-Traditional Vampyre shoot with a male model
-Very colourful shoot - have clothes I want to use for this
-Doll/toy shoot (got ideas)
-Creative hair styling (its below my waist and very manageable)
-Anything in the "Raeven Irata's Inspiration" list below that is within my levels
-I have some other more “out there” ideas than those listed above, feel free to ask me
My main modelling interests are anything "alternative", eye-catching, artistic, different and non-mainstream, including, but not reduced to, gothic, vintage (various forms of), fantasy, historical, futuristic, cyber, steampunk, vampyre, faerie, pre-raphaelite, sophisticated formal dress, japanese rope bondage, tightlacing corsetry, fetish, implied art nude, world/international, horror, messy/gunky, manga, lolita, weird and experimental poses, strange and wonderful locations, ethical fashion, re-using/recycling, striking use of colour, photoshop edited, romantic, ethnic, cosplay, bizarre and experimental themes.
I would like to work with creative people who share these interests.
However, I am open to almost anything within my levels, from artistic fetish to lifestyle to mainstream fashion and beauty, so don't automatically rule me out!
WHY HIRE ME? (also see my references at the end of this section):
- I have been modelling for a year and a half, I am very keen to learn and I always strive to do my best. Direction with posing is very welcome but I have done some shoots without any direction and still achieved great results. I like to experiment with poses and facial expressions and find out that way whether they work or really don't work- still learning! I am eager to go further in the industry.
- I am friendly and easy to get along with
- I am up for experimenting with strange/wacky/creative ideas
- I'm creative and spend a lot of time thinking about a shoot, putting outfits together, practising makeup ideas etc. When doing TFCD, I like myself and the photographer to both contribute creatively to a shoot, and am always very interested in other's ideas as well as having my own.
- I have never cancelled a shoot. and I will NEVER no-show.
- I have a naturally slim yet curvaceous figure and can get a pretty silhouette from a boned corset
- I have below-the-waist, straight manageable hair to work with -hair stylists get in touch!
- I have a very large and varied wardrobe including various kinds of Gothic, vintage, hippy, Tanzanian (I lived there for a while), formal, classic and casual clothing so I am more than likely to have several items suitable for the shoot you have in mind. If I don't, I will probably be able to acquire them (I am very good at scavenging, and Hull Clothes Swap is the best-ask any Hull model!). I have so much now that I have styled a few group shoots and now have a wardrobe stylist account on here- Raeven's Rags #1895118. The only things I'm lacking at the moment are latex, and corsets which allow me to tightlace to my full ability- mine have all got too big and I can't afford new ones at the moment . (Hint hint custom make me one and I'll model it for you!)
- I'm surprisingly physically strong, I can balance things on my head, and I'm good at balancing in general. I can ice skate (figure skating and dance) and used to do ballet (but can't do pointe). I have also been told that my top half (arms, shoulders etc.) is very flexible. I am always up for trying uncomfortable positions, and have great stamina at holding them. I get regular practise at this as I am a life model!
I support sweatshop-free clothing and accessories and am particularly interested in collaborating with any designers/companies/organisations/charities who promote this. I'm also really interested in outfits made of re-used/recycled materials, and being involved with charity projects.
I reserve the right to take a chaperone, especially if I haven't worked with you before. This does not mean I always will, but I may do. I won't bring someone who is likely to interfere. So far, bringing a chaperone has proved itself to be extremely useful, with them helping to hold reflectors, let me stand on them to get to high places, and help wrap my legs in clingfilm!
"Raeven is a fantastic model to work with. She photographs well, poses excellently, follows direction and has plenty of ideas herself and genuinely wants to create interesting works.
But perhaps the best thing about Raeven, the thing I look for in all the models I work with, is her willingness to go the extra mile, try things out, no matter how silly/nasty/messy, and to do so with a smile.
It's that attitude that for me is essential in any model and Raeven has it in spades."
"Great to work with, had a most creative day with Raeven working on one of her ideas in the morning and one of mine in the afternoon. Full of ideas and very artistic. I'll be working with her whenever I get the chance, just a pity she's so far away from me - over 150 miles, but I'll happily drive it again to work with her."
Lensman Mike (not on MM):
Pip is meticulous in her preparation, generous with her time, and professional in her demeanour.
She both takes direction well and contributes constructively throughout a shoot in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
A wonderful disposition and a pleasure to work with.
I worked with Raeven recently. She is an excellent model to work with. Full of ideas and willing to try different things. Good communication before the shoot, great wardrobe as well. Definitely recommended.
Henry the Artist:
Raeven is a fantastic model to work with. She is very professional and able to adapt to the requirements of any shoot. I look forward to working with her again
Aesir Rey Creative:
Pip is a fun, energetic model who helps contribute to ideas and bring a lovely vibe to shoots. Pleasure to work with.
Had a great shoot with pip full of ideas takes direction well yet gives direction too,some good images came from our shoot...A+ to Raeven Irata, book her.
I have worked with (most recent first):
Strange Angel PhotoGrafix
Henry the Artist
Of The Night / OTN Photography
To Die 4 Photographic
Aesir Rey Creative
Artists and painters:
*Hull Art Circle (regular ongoing work) - Several portraits of me have featured in at least 3 art exhibitions so far
Film and/or Video:
To Die 4 Vintage
Cheap Ass Films Hull
Raeven's Rags (me)
To Die 4 Vintage
Strange Angel PhotoGrafix
I have been published in:
Devolution Magazine Issue 27, November 2010 (feature on Dark Romantics Photography)
* = have worked with more than once.