United Kingdom, England, West Sussex
Spokesperson / Host
Last activity: Mar 31, 2013
Joined: Feb 21, 2013
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
Give a gift Message HistorySend Message Add to Friends
MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/KatieJMUA
My name is Katie Johnson, and I am a Freelance Hair and Makeup Artist. I have been working Freelance for over a year, having graduated from a 3 Year Degree studying Hair and Makeup for Film and Theatre at Northbrook College, Sussex and have gained competent skills in a number of areas, including cutting, barbering, makeup for everyday and theatrical wear, special effects, wig knotting, postiche making as well as hairstyling for all historic periods.
I have already had some work experience within theatre (Her Majesty’s Theatre and Chichester Festival Theatre) and experience in making prosthetics and ‘on set’ hair and makeup for a number of short films, events and music videos.
I have an optimistic, positive attitude and am used to working as part of a busy supportive team, but am happy to take charge if necessary, while still taking in the views and opinions of others. I work well under pressure, to restrictive deadlines and have vast experience working with the general public. I am punctual, flexible, conscientious, organized and reliable, settling in quickly to a task to produce the best possible results. I am a creative perfectionist with a vivid imagination, this I portray as much as each project will allow through styling of makeup, hair and accessories. I am very open to new concepts and always keen to learn new techniques and methods that will allow me to put my ideas into practice.
• A keen interest and knowledge in special effects makeup and prosthetics.
• Competent in a variety of period hair and makeup styles, from Grecian through to present.
• Skills in wig knotting and making postiche, having made a wig including foundation.
• Some experience in cutting and barbering.
• Experience with natural, fashion and bridal hair and makeup.
• Skills in airbrushing and bodypainting.
• Experience of theatrical makeup and hairstyling, including work experience at her Majesty’s Theatre, London
• Experience of working with Adults and Children.
• Current, Clean Driving license and Car owner – Happy to travel to location.
I have recently been expanding my portfolio with various Model shoots alongside my film work and am keen to try all genres of photoshoot - will do Trade for Photo as well as paid work depending on the shoot etc.
*Standard rates for shoots:
Makeup/ Hair Only - £45.00 a day plus travel
Hair and Makeup - £60.00 a day plus travel
Special effects/ Body paint shoot - £60.00 a day plus travel - This covers small/medium scale effects, anything larger rates will be discussed prior to shoot.
Travel expenses will be confirmed prior to shooting as I drive but can travel by train as well. Please note the above rate covers all material costs (unless anything extra is needed for specific shoots that I cannot reuse of course!) and up to and including 3 models, any additional models rates will be negotiated prior to shoot.
NB I also work on a TFP basis depending on the shoot, but ask for travel to be reimbursed *
I can also be found at http://www.modelmayhem.com/KatieJMUA and http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=KatieJMUA. I can also be found on my new Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KatieJMUA.
Feel free to get in touch!
I have recently been predominantly working on photoshoots in order to expand my portfolio and my skills - I have been working within film, theatre, television and events work since 2010 to date.
- Gorgeous Freaks Magazine Halloween Edition - 'Maman Brigitte' Model Savra and Photography by Busha
- Sanctuary Magazine October 2014 Vampire Issue - Model Savra and Photography by Busha
- Gorgeous Freaks Issue 33 October 2014 - Model K-Jey and Photography by Busha
- Delicious Dolls September 14 Issue - 3 Page spread feat model Ria Fend, photography by GWJ Photographic
- Fashion Bombshell Magazine - Patriotic Edition July 14 - Model Ria Fend, photography by GWJ Photographic
- Proper Eye Candy eMag July 2014 (cover + feat. Hollie Rebecca) photography by Emma Shamaya
- CT Magazine double-page spread feat. Jack Eyers photography by Emma Shamaya
- KULTUR Magazine Issue 34.1 - June 2014 as part of 'Parkinson's Charity Body Paint Shoot' - Body paint for models Neechee Neeko and Beth-Rose, photography by Tara Hills photography