The order of things

Victoria Howard is off-line
02 March 2009 09:00
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

What order do you put these things in for a shoot if you are working with a team of people?  Or which is better to do first and why?

Make Up
Body Painting
Hair

Thank you

TheMakeupArtist is off-line
01 May 2009 19:38
TheMakeupArtist
Make-up Artist

London

Hi Vic! The order you do things in depends on time, the number of models, what sort of body makeup you're doing and if you've got anyone there to help you. Things to think about are: will the bodypainting ruin the hair? Do the body first if it will. Will there be shots where the model is wearing clothes? Do the body painting last as it's a pain to get off even if the studio has a shower and even waterbased make-up is hard to get out of clothes, especially red and yellow pigments. A tip: if you're doing airbrushing, bring plastic sheets for the floors or cut up some binliners as the mist will go everywhere! Make sure you talk everyone through what you're doing. If the photographer or model wants some natural shots without bodymakeup get them done before you start getting creative as it'll save you time and some pigments are very stubborn to get out of the skin and little fine hairs around the hairline etc.
All the best/the MUA

02 May 2009 18:10
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Hair say an hour ?
Make-up say an hour ?
Bodypainting 4-6 hours

do the math, if you do the make-up first its going to need retouching do the hair first and its going to need retouching.

Paint first and if working as part of a team I am sure the hair/make-up people would love to sit around for 4-6 hours doing nothing but watching paint dry ready to touch up their own work before the shootemoticon

10 May 2009 16:40
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I agree with MMM WOW. Get the bodypaint done first as you always want the hair and facial makeup as fresh as poss, and hes right, can you imagine the MUA hanging around?? I, as a bodypainter, would not be able to work properly if i felt an impatient (and rightly so!!!lol) makeup artist breathing down my neck. emoticon

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura karenr KerryWright24 Melanie277 Paris
63jian antoinewynn Creativedge digitalmood edwards ellessephotography eosfan Kinggonk Mattcairns mike0048 NigelAdams orca_photography photo_j Photojames43 rod_m99 Rscott360 Rule_of_Thumb supaglam swalsh58 whitepython xsa73