Reminder Secure

How to brighten up the eye area

02 March 2009 06:27
Nia24
Model

Apart from concealer would use anything else to brighten up under the eyes such as a powder? I alays seem to have puffy dark circles that look worse when make up is applied. x

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
02 March 2009 12:18
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

You may be using the wrong concealor, or not applying/blending it properly. It could be that you need a  neutraliser (cancels out colour instaed of concealing) instead of a concealor. Book an mua for your next shoot and they will be able to advise you better than someone can over the internet without actually seeing the problem.

Best wishes,
Linds x
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Catherine Elizabeth is off-line
03 March 2009 15:50
CatherineElizabeth
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
CatherineElizabeth
North Yorkshire

Certain concealors are better with different skin types.  But my experience with dark under eyes (as I als have this problem), is to use a good hydrating eye cream. With dark under eyes you do need to put a little more make up on them than some who does not have them,  so it is essential to hydrate the eye area, so when you apply your concealor on it does not look chalky, dry or caked in photos.

Hope this has answered your question.

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2009 07:11
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

As said, there are a number of things that can be done.  I would chat with the tog first though, sometimes it's easier for the tog to sort it out in post than the MUA in pre.

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
adreena_uk chosin Jessica_Knight scarlettfoxett
antoinewynn bristoltalent clarmike davejarvis eosfan humphries James7799 JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman markeos50d peteb Puremoods redbaron riddell Robinsky Rscott360 snapper47 Snooper911 Steveh32 Steveharratt TinDolls viewphotographic