Reminder Secure

Dry flaky skin on face

This thread is being watched by 1 person
08 March 2009 13:43
Jon_P
Photographer

Quote from ClaireShipman

anything with large amounts of alcohol in as this dries your skin .

So no more Mojitos
We can all pose for photos but that dosen't make us all models!

Karen Hegarty is off-line
09 March 2009 05:09
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from lisataylor_mua
Sorry, I should have been clearer, but I did not mean combination skin.  There are a few types of dermatitis that are caused by excess sebum production, including seborrheic dermatitis.

ah yes I see what you were getting at, but i assumed th OP just had superficial problems as she has seen a doctor and not diagnosed with major problem. But as was mentioned it's hard to say without seeing someone face to face.

09 March 2009 05:10
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from Jon_P
So no more Mojitos

unfortunately not lol, But I can drink em !! give em here lol

Lisa Taylor is off-line
09 March 2009 05:43
lisataylor_mua
Make-up Artist
lisataylor_mua
London
Hornchurch

Quote from simplydivine
ah yes I see what you were getting at, but i assumed th OP just had superficial problems as she has seen a doctor and not diagnosed with major problem. But as was mentioned it's hard to say without seeing someone face to face.

It was another model who commented that has seen a doctor.  I do totally agree though, it's all very well for us to share experiences and thought on here, but the only real way to tell for sure is to go to a GP if the condition seems serious enough, or to a good salo.

10 March 2009 04:47
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Oh right Lisa , sorry my mistake. I age though we can share ideas on the problem but really too hard to give correct advise without seeing someone. Also if it is that bad then GP is the way to go, but I have known GP's to have less idea than us a lot of the time lol .. emoticon

Sammyj is off-line
31 March 2009 06:05
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Quote from simplydivine
Oh right Lisa , sorry my mistake. I age though we can share ideas on the problem but really too hard to give correct advise without seeing someone. Also if it is that bad then GP is the way to go, but I have known GP's to have less idea than us a lot of the time lol .. emoticon

Quite right that quote
I have very similar skin problems but my make up never flakes, if you do have excessive oily flakes in the T zone (forehead, nose & chin) My advice is

1) Exfoliate your skin with a sponge or buff puff (Superdrug £1.79) use gently with your favorite face wash or try disposable exfoliating pads like nuetrogena clear pore cleansing scrubs £3.49, the creams and gells with beads and stones don't tend to work on my skin very well.

2) Moisturise well with a non oily product, wait 20min before you put your foundation on to allow moisturiser to sink in

3)try mixing your favorite foundation with a little moisturiser for added hydration

4)Take your make up off before bed with your face wash and moisturise well

This is an ongoing routine, not a quick fix if you stop the skin will return to its former state.

If this does not work research your condition on the internet its more than likely some form of dermatitis like someone said earlier, then go to your GP knowledge is power

Hope this helps

XX Samantha XX
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Charlotte90 fionajane SophieLouise1991 Welshrose2009 Winterlilly
ad360photo casell Creativedge Daddylonglense digitizer DJ200 dougharding HarishPadalia Kiboko Kjoservices lenspoynter MIB mlp rod_m99 sniffer Steveh32 theroundpeg TinDolls