Reminder Secure

Dry flaky skin on face

This thread is being watched by 1 person
01 March 2009 16:53
Nia24
Model

Hi
I have very dry skin and use No7 Advanced Hydration moisturiser which is quite good on my skin but then when I apply foundation and powder my skin just flakes around my chin, nose and forehead.

It's so annoying nothing seems to work. Please help!! x

Sian Jeffries-Jones is off-line
02 March 2009 20:18
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

Hi,

I can't comment on the No7 product, I use Dermalogica Intensive Moisture as I have dry skin and this is nice but expensive.  Another good product is called Aveeno and if you look on their website you can request a free sample to try it out before purchasing (aveeno.co.uk) although any half decent skincare brand should provide samples for you to try.

Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside and do exfoliate.  Make sure that whatever brand of skincare you choose that you use a day cream with spf and a night cream, also a cream rather than a lotion may well be a better choice for you.  Regular facials will help too.

I hope that helps you.

Sian x
www.artistedemaquillage.com www.locksofdesire.com

Karen Hegarty is off-line
04 March 2009 09:43
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hi
Sounds like you actually have combination skin and your skin care regime needs to be addressed in particular exfolliation, as well as the correct products to use for hydration. Get that sorted and foundation will look great, oh and you need to look at the type of foundaion you are using too.
regards  Karen

06 March 2009 11:58
CaraMascara
Model

I have this same problem with the skin around my nose and cannot wear foundation for this reason.

I have  asked my doctor and nothing they have recommended works, moisturiser, vitamen e etc

It's so frustrating!
http://cara-lisette.weebly.com/

07 March 2009 08:13
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

EXFOLLIATION  and correct products for skin type ... its as simple as that, honestly

Lisa Taylor is off-line
07 March 2009 08:32
lisataylor_mua
Make-up Artist
lisataylor_mua
London
Hornchurch

I would try the tips already mentioned but also be aware that there are a few skin conditions that can cause this pattern of visible flakes, but are actually caused by excess sebum production!  If you are treating your skin for 'dryness' and it is not improving try visiting a good beauty salon for a consultation....if you can find one that offers Dermalogica face mapping they are generally very good at spotting these things.

08 March 2009 09:24
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Yes Lisa thats is basically what I am saying , some people use products for dry skin because they have flakyness but in reality its oily or combination skin they have and need products for hydration of oily skins etc. and also exfollioation is essential. The "dry patches" are actually dead skin cells sticking to the surface of the skin by the oils and sebum.
hope this helps girls

Lisa Taylor is off-line
08 March 2009 11:39
lisataylor_mua
Make-up Artist
lisataylor_mua
London
Hornchurch

Sorry, I should have been clearer, but I did not mean combination skin.  There are a few types of dermatitis that are caused by excess sebum production, including seborrheic dermatitis.

08 March 2009 11:45
Jon_P
Photographer

Try Green Custard! lol
We can all pose for photos but that dosen't make us all models!

Claire Shipman is off-line
08 March 2009 12:16
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Jon_P
Try Green Custard! lol

emoticon

If it was pink custard, I would just eat it all.

Steer clear of harsh chemicals anything with large amounts of alcohol in as this dries your skin clinique are renowned for full of alcohol products so stay well clear of them. I would advise seeking a dermatologist if its really bothering you, its hard for us to diagnose what your problem is without meeting you.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dhuntuk