do all mua artist do hair as well??

love ellie

Jane-Louise is off-line
02 March 2009 06:57
jane_louise
Make-up Artist

Greater Manchester
Bolton

I do...but prefer to do make up, have found that most people expect us to be able to do both x

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
02 March 2009 12:14
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Most MUAs will be expected to be proficent in both, and should have been trained in boh, and many will start out as haidressers. Only in very high budget films will you have sepearte departments. However, you will find that most mua's will perfer one over the other.
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

09 March 2009 14:31
echocolat
Make-up Artist

I don't!  And have absolutely no idea about hair!! emoticon

But then, my background is nails and beauty, so haven't ever done hair...

Claire Shipman is off-line
18 March 2009 07:17
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I do both, I think you can really perfect an image when you can do both. I find I get booked for both on most jobs because its easier for a client to book someone that can do both, of course I am better at make up than I am hair but you get better as you go along, practise makes near on perfect! lol

Claire xx

25 March 2009 11:06
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I agree with Claire. Thats why im just starting my training as a hairdresser. I think its really good to be both, gives you that edge i think and as claire says, clients book you for both most times. :-)

Sammyj is off-line
31 March 2009 04:53
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi all

when I was doing my VTCT Diploma I was told that it is generally expected for a make up artist to do both to be able to acheive the full look and work your way up to those great jobs, what someone said earlier about on a large production, you will be one or the other, thats because there is plenty of cash to splash around. as well as being traind in hairstyling cutting and colouring on my make up artist course, i have an extra NVQ hairdressing to home my skills and be able to offer mobile hairdressing services to my list.

So I guess the more skills you have the more you have to offer a potential client

Samantha XX
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
63jian antoinewynn Auctioneer Billyboy57 BOBREEVES cgwebster ChrisD ElegantCaptures hkfuk jackw john_at_tina_spice keltica Ladiesman magpie1 martinchristie redbaron Rtnphotography stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt walton
kerandastudio2