Stacy MUA is off-line
18 February 2009 20:43
shartley999
Make-up Artist
shartley999
Lancashire
Burnley

Hi all.
I'm new to the Site and currently studying Photographic and Media Makeup at College and in need of some help.  Over the past few months I have spent a small fortune buying products to go in my kit and I know this will continue but some of the items have turned out to be not as good as they first appeared.  I know everyone has different tastes and ideas but would like to know from your experience what are your favourite items that you couldn't live without?

Lisa Taylor is off-line
26 February 2009 05:28
lisataylor_mua
Make-up Artist
lisataylor_mua
London
Hornchurch

Quote from shartley999
Hi all.
I'm new to the Site and currently studying Photographic and Media Makeup at College and in need of some help.  Over the past few months I have spent a small fortune buying products to go in my kit and I know this will continue but some of the items have turned out to be not as good as they first appeared.  I know everyone has different tastes and ideas but would like to know from your experience what are your favourite items that you couldn't live without?

I've got a few favourites which are quite common to other artists as well.....to be honest they crop up time and time again which says it all. 

RCMA foundation pallettes in Shinto and KO shades. They have near enough every shade of foundation you could ever want in them and are small and light to carry in your kit. 
La Femme blush palette. It contains 12 very pigmented blushes in a variety of shades to cover all skin tones. 
Yaby Best of Both Worlds eyeshadow palette.  I can if I need to just bring this one palette to jobs and can make it work for just about anything I am asked to do.
Gel eyeliner.  I have a couple of different brands (MAC and Camera Ready Cosmetics) and like them both equally. I prefer it to cake or liquid.
Revlon Skinlights.  Mixes well with RCMA to lighten the texture and illuminate the skin.  It's discontinued but you can generally pick it up on ebay.
3 Lipsticks I use most often....all MAC but you could go and look at the shades then pick another brand if you prefer, MAC Hug Me which is a sheer nude with a pink tone, MAC Russian Red which is a matte blue toned red, and MAC Girl About Town, a slightly glossy blue toned bright pink. I find these get used more than any others in my kit.
MAC Lipmix.  Concentrated pigment creams to mix your own lip colours. Really useful stuff!
Benefit Dandelion and Georgia Powders.  Fab for soft glowy cheeks for brides!

Hope that helps.....I'll try to think of some more. 

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
nataliaforrest pinklilly stratman79
Images1854 Pval woody