Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
03 January 2009 13:28
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

My eybrows are completely straight.  They're also very fine and barely show up.  Recently I've been starting to fill them in with a pencil, so that they show up better, and I've been following their natural line - and I end up with completely straight lines across my forehead.  It's not a good look, to be honest, a bit unexpressive at best, weird at worst.  I don't need to pluck them much to keep them tidy, and I don't overpluck, but I daren't try to change their shape with tweezers if I don't know what I'm doing.  The first and last time I visited a salon to get them done, I came out with them a good centimetre or so too short, and still untidy.  I'd love to get a nice, clean arch shaped brow, but I have no idea how!  Can anyone help at all? 
Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

Morwenna is off-line
03 January 2009 15:27
Flowerfairy11
Model
Flowerfairy11
West Sussex

Have you tried one of those eyebrow shaping kits? You can get them in places like boots and superdrug and they often come with sort of little stick on outlines of eyebrows to guide you to a particular shape. They go from thin to thick with high and low arches. I put them on my eyebrows and pluck them into the shape, they are kind of like stencils and then I enhance my brows with powder and a light touch of an eyebrow pencil.

Make sure you get exactly the right colour eyebrow pencil. Once I used a dark one and I had two fat black lines above my eyes and I'm blonde. Stupidly I was in such a hurry I didn't notice until I had gone out! lol

03 January 2009 19:59
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from Flowerfairy11
Have you tried one of those eyebrow shaping kits? You can get them in places like boots and superdrug and they often come with sort of little stick on outlines of eyebrows to guide you to a particular shape. They go from thin to thick with high and low arches. I put them on my eyebrows and pluck them into the shape, they are kind of like stencils and then I enhance my brows with powder and a light touch of an eyebrow pencil.

I've seen them.  But I think I physically don't have enough hairs to fill the stencils where they arch - I'd end up with gaps in the middle ...

Quote from Flowerfairy11Make sure you get exactly the right colour eyebrow pencil. Once I used a dark one and I had two fat black lines above my eyes and I'm blonde. Stupidly I was in such a hurry I didn't notice until I had gone out! lol

If anything, my pencil's too light.  I bought the darkest brown I could find and my brows are still about one shade darker.  I didn't want to go for black because that would have jarred with my hair, but I've got a pretty good match

Shaz Elsom is off-line
04 January 2009 14:26
shaz_lou123
Model

East Yorkshire
cottingham

or.. random idea however
some people have them drawn on permanant...
never no might look good aha
good luck!

Araneae is off-lineSilver Member
05 January 2009 08:17
Araneae
Model
Araneae
Hampshire
Farnham

I've sort of got the same problem. Not the straight eyebrows part, but trying to shape them nicely.  The salons are rather, erm, generic. They think that everyone wants the 'tadpole' or really thin line eyebrows.  What I'm doing at the moment is letting my eyebrows grow again, after having them massacred by a waxer, and going to take pictures in of the nicely arched eyebrows into a different waxer, or as someone suggested, go to an estee lauder counter (apparently) and see what they can do.

Alternative/Fetish model, great rates!!

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
05 January 2009 15:01
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Fleur - try a brow powder in very dark brown - this will cling to the hairs you already have and help fill in the sparser areas - it creates a softer look than a pencil. You can also shape them using the powder.

Aranae - you may also find a powder useful to help with shaping and getting a nice arched browshape.

I once spent the drawing/powdering on different brow shapes on my own face to find out what shape best suits me - Brows are amazing - I love how much you can change your face just y shaping them slightly differently!

Hope this is vaguely useful to you guys,
Linds x
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

05 January 2009 16:08
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from LindsaySianSnuggs
Fleur - try a brow powder in very dark brown - this will cling to the hairs you already have and help fill in the sparser areas - it creates a softer look than a pencil. You can also shape them using the powder.

It's not that I have sparse areas, more that my brows are naturally very straight and if I try to superimpose a curved/arched shape over the top, the arch would end up on a bit of skin above where my brow grows.  I'll see if I can draw a picture, because I'm aware I'm not making sense!

OK, here we go:

If the brown bit is my eyebrow, and the black is the shape I'd like (this is very rough, mind you), you can see my problem!  I don't pluck my eyebrows apart from straggly hairs, so it's not simply a case of letting the top bits grow longer and them plucking them into shape.  Is there any way I can create the illusion of an arch with what I've got?  Or of making them look halfway presentable and not just like I've used a ruler to draw them on?

HelenDawson is off-line
06 January 2009 06:10
HelenDawson
Model
HelenDawson
Leicestershire

Have you tried threading? It gives a really neat and tidy shape, and I think it is much more precise than waxing.
I would recommend avoiding the threading booths in places like Debenhams though, you will find a much more skilled and cheaper threader in a salon.

Helen x

08 January 2009 08:00
princessleonie
Model

you could do what my friend does and shave them off and then draw the shape you want. not sure id recommend it tho!
“Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today"

IvoryFlame is off-linePlatinum Member
08 January 2009 08:16
IvoryFlame
Model
IvoryFlame
Leicestershire
Leicester

I think the way you have them on your main picture looks fine, they have some shape. I think different eyebrows can be mega cool and sexy  - and think you should make the most of them as they are. Like get some fashion shots done looking straight to the camera, accentuating the straightness - as a cool quirky look. But they honestly look fine, I think just filling them in and giving them shape that way would be better than trying to wax/pluck/thread them into a shape that they are not.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 infinitelizzy poppylapilule tanyacox
ad360photo andy_howard andygstudios frankpht GlasgowPhotographer grahamsphotography HarishPadalia keltica Kjoservices lenspoynter manchestertog1 ownimage paletesdeluz philippahh redbaron rscott360 Snooper911 somers stevegosh Steveharratt swalsh58