Reminder Secure

Thin on the ground

01 January 2009 07:33
kruse
Photographer

I am looking to improve my work this year and that means, in part, getting a good MUA onboard.

Now, here's the problem I seem to be coming up against.  I live near Peterborough so south Lincolnshire, north Cambridgeshire region and there appears to be a real shortage of MUAs in this area.  Is that just a geographical oddity or are there a lot less MUAs out there than I had assumed?

So, my question is this, is there a secret MUA land somewhere on the web full of happy, bouncy MUAs just praying for a hapless photographer to chance along so that they can rescue him from his mediocrity and catapult his work into the stratosphere?

Cheers

Jeremy
Needs a new signature now Phyllis has gone

squodge photography is off-line
02 January 2009 08:39
squodge
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
squodge
London
London

I'm wondering whether it's something to do with where the training for beauty therapy can be found.  The prestigious courses are found in London; and I know a few can be found in places like Windsor, Birmingham, Nottingham.  So perhaps the wannabe MUAs all float over to where they study, and then end up living there?  Just a theory, and I could be completely wrong LOL.

~ squodge ~
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not.

pentacstan is off-line
02 January 2009 09:00
pentacstan
Photographer
pentacstan
Birmingham

Quote from squodge
where the training for beauty therapy can be found. .....     ........a few can be found in places like Birmingham,

~ squodge ~

Would appreciate information as to where a simple, not too expensive, basic photo mua course can be had in Brum.
hny, atb, Stan Newton
C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, c'est l'amour. Ou comme ils dit en Brummagerm, c'est la merde tres dur.

Claire Shipman is off-line
02 January 2009 13:15
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

It depends on what you class as local, I will travel anywhere and class Lincoln as fairly local as I work there often.

As said above the main area for training near by is Nottingham as far as I'm aware there are no training schools in your area, hence the lack of mua's, this must be why I have quite a bit of work in the Lincoln area.

02 January 2009 17:05
kruse
Photographer

You may be right Squodge.  I plan to check a couple of the local colleges on Monday to see what they cover so maybe that's a way forward.

Claire, we shall have to  have a chat about rates then, although Deeping is 40 miles south of Lincoln.

Cheers

Jeremy

Needs a new signature now Phyllis has gone

06 January 2009 09:06
Ellecor
Make-up Artist

Hi,

I'm not too far from Peterborough either (Leicestershire) and would be happy to let you have my rates, if interested.

Regards.

05 February 2009 05:59
majestic_layers
Make-up Artist

Part of the job is travelling I have gone to Scotland and Wales for shoots before! If you need a good creative mua let me know I don't want to be doing anything else so more than happy to travel all over the uk within a days notice if I'm free x

Fiona Hepper is off-line
18 February 2009 13:34
FHepper
Make-up Artist
FHepper
West Yorkshire
Bradford

I actually live in Peterborough and studied as a makeup artist for 2 years at the local college i am now working towards a degree in Makeup Artistry and Special Effects in Bradford as it was the closest to Peterborough as there are very few places that arent too expensive. I still come down to Peterborough regularly so if you are interested in my work please dont hesitate to contact me.

Sammyj is off-line
23 February 2009 15:54
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi thereemoticon

I am based in Kent but am willing to travel practically anywhere within the UK and abroad for the right job so if you need a friendly, reliable and creative artist for any hairĀ or make up job including SFX just drop me a line

Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin fashion29 missminiskirt pinklilly Vickiej Winterlilly
Add_barkaway android_man claypaws cliffc Daddylonglense david1500 donaldmac dorrian duncanjames Essexjohn geoffmarchant iestyn James7799 JPV karlsheen markwalden mghphoto MIB Penfoldpc peteb philippahh Rhadamanthus Roger1954 Smooth_image star_shots Thunder_Photos westend_portfolios