FASHION MODEL FORUM

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Pepsi is off-line
25 August 2008 05:44
saoirsecrean
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Merseyside

For people over 5'8" who don't want to get their boobs or bits out?!!

Nick Vidler is off-line
25 August 2008 06:38
WhiteHorse
Studio
WhiteHorse
Essex
Dengie, Nr Southminster.

Quote from saoirsecrean
For people over 5'8" who don't want to get their boobs or bits out?!!

I'd be all for that.

http://www.nick-vidler.com/

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
26 August 2008 16:10
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Do you mean an aditional section in the existing models category, or a whole new category dedicated to fashion?
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Nick Vidler is off-line
26 August 2008 17:12
WhiteHorse
Studio
WhiteHorse
Essex
Dengie, Nr Southminster.

Quote from matt
Do you mean an aditional section in the existing models category, or a whole new category dedicated to fashion?

I would have thought just an additional section in the existing models category to be sufficient. The present categories seem to cater far much for those involved in glamour work.

Pepsi is off-line
27 August 2008 05:33
saoirsecrean
Model

Merseyside

maybe a whole new section, so you can search through fashion models, or in the forum have photographers seeking fashion models and models seeking fashion work. It's just too difficult to filter through all the glamour stuff at the moment.

Nick Vidler is off-line
27 August 2008 13:22
WhiteHorse
Studio
WhiteHorse
Essex
Dengie, Nr Southminster.

Quote from saoirsecrean
 It's just too difficult to filter through all the glamour stuff at the moment.

Agreed, whenever I post seeking models for fashion work it seems to be lost in a deluge of posts from guys just wanting to see female body parts.

28 August 2008 07:10
RayLiu
Photographer

Hey I think this is a brill idea!

Scarlette's Casting is off-lineGold Member
28 August 2008 09:18
Scarlettes
Agency

Greater Manchester

Would models have to be 5' 8" or over to post?

I would suggest a tick box for advertisers to select the type of work offered or sought in the forums currently available.
This would then display a category in the thread title. Rather like the location dialogue now on certain fora. 

But for the sake of sanity keep it simple ie Fashion, Swimwear/lingerie, Glamour, Nude, Adult, Fetish & Alternative should cover anything worth doing so we don't need all that "implied" malarkey.

It doesn't work with locations as there is currently a thread entitled Manchester (West Yorkshire) but a tick box would prevent this.

Nick Vidler is off-line
28 August 2008 21:14
WhiteHorse
Studio
WhiteHorse
Essex
Dengie, Nr Southminster.

Quote from Scarlettes
Would models have to be 5' 8" or over to post?

5'8" is considered a must for the cat walk but I've found there's plenty of work out there for models that are height challenged.

Scarlette's Casting is off-lineGold Member
29 August 2008 01:57
Scarlettes
Agency

Greater Manchester

Quote from WhiteHorse
5'8" is considered a must for the cat walk but I've found there's plenty of work out there for models that are height challenged.

That question which opened my post was just my sense of humour coming out Nick.

When the OP suggested a forum for people over 5' 8" I just wondered who would be checking the height of forum contributors and what would be the consequences for any 5' 7" shortarses who had the temerity to post.

However, back to the point, I don't think a seperate forum for fashion work would be necessary if all offering/seeking work adverts carried a dialogue stating the general work type in the thread title.

EG " Blonde available next Saturday in Bristol" (Glamour) or "Slim model with 2 heads required in Birmingham" (Alternative)

If the categories could only be selected via a compulsory tickbox then no ad would appear without the worktype displayed in the thread title.

I'm sure that anybody ticking the wrong box would have it brought to their attention soon enough. This happens already when a thread is started in the wrong forum.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dhuntuk