squodge photography is off-line
19 April 2007 14:07
squodge
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
squodge
London
London

I'm trained in beauty make-up and it just occurred to me that you don't have a dedicated section for make-up artists and stylists. Many models and photographers work without one, but they can make a huge difference because all parties are left to do what they do best.
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not.

Pete Whelan is off-line
19 April 2007 14:41
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

I second this, I've access to a number of MUA who have just finished training who are looking to build their book so it would be of interest.
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

19 April 2007 16:49
gazl
Photographer

Third it. Also MUAs should be given a cred in profiles & port reviews - they deserve it

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
19 April 2007 17:30
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Yeah it's on the cards, I might try and fit in an MUA sign up page this weekend
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

squodge photography is off-line
19 April 2007 17:51
squodge
Photographer
squodge
London
London

Quote from gazl
Third it. Also MUAs should be given a cred in profiles & port reviews - they deserve it

Indeed. With separate MUA accounts, credit can be given to these artists and people can see their work. Models and photographers obviously take centre stage, but many shoots - especially fashion ones - should have dedicated MUAs because they do make a difference. And a MUA with feedback from Purestorm users can get more work as a result - everyone wins! ~ squodge ~ www.squodge.com
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not.

20 April 2007 09:33
RachelGrace
Model

yeah, id love to be able to do a search for local MUA's, but theres no facilities on here for doing so yet.

Sounds like a great idea!
The smaller ones are more juicy!

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1
DarrenF dave81