Reminder Secure

Removed Forum Posts

18 April 2007 06:50
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from alans_photography
As you know youpan, me and you had a discussion some time ago which did get a bit heated, but now I feel I can get on with you more so I feel that being frank with each other did no harm in fact it helped both of us. Do you not agree but now that wont be able to happen on here anymore.

The vast majority of frank posts remain in place. If a thread de-generates ito a mass argument, then we do sometimes need to intervene. We also look to prevent potential problems between posters in threads who have had past history of problems. We like to try and let things flow. The percentage of posts deleted is tiny in reality.
Reet proper Northern and proud!

YouPan Models is off-line
18 April 2007 07:29
youpan
Photographer
youpan
London
Crouch End

As you know youpan, me and you had a discussion some time ago which did get a bit heated, but now I feel I can get on with you more so I feel that being frank with each other did no harm in fact it helped both of us. Do you not agree but now that wont be able to happen on here anymore.

Yes, we agree that many of the discussions/arguments, etc. that took place not only between ourselves, but also with others, are a thing of the past now that this form of "moderation" is in place. Out of lively discussions - no matter how heated - often comes a lot of good, & as you know, we remained good-natured about it throughout (as we recall, you did too). From such opposing view points often comes a better understanding of others...
www.sweet-fms.com - where the real amateurs come to play! - "positively 4th street"

18 April 2007 08:04
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from youpan
Yes, we agree that many of the discussions/arguments, etc. that took place not only between ourselves, but also with others, are a thing of the past now that this form of "moderation" is in place. Out of lively discussions - no matter how heated - often comes a lot of good, & as you know, we remained good-natured about it throughout (as we recall, you did too). From such opposing view points often comes a better understanding of others...

I agree with a lot of that. I also like to see lively discussions. There are many different personalities on here and what members find acceptable varies a lot. For every moderation action we take, we will have one person who thanks us and another who will criticise us. Its a case of damned if we do and damned if dont. To keep everybody happy, we have to try and strike a happy medium and sometimes we have to draw a line somewhere. As moderators, whatever we do, we will never keep all of the people happy all of the time.

18 April 2007 10:47
gazl
Photographer

At least stop doing selective edits. I don't mean phone numbers or personal details, but when whole comments are removed from an active thread. It skews the whole thread and makes it meaningless. If I start a thread saying the sky is green, twenty people disagree but I get the Mods to remove their comments, by default the sky is green.

If a thread becomes abusive lock it. Let others draw their own conclusions from the evidence. If a thread becomes libellous or defamatory then remove it. Purestorm is (or was) the most even handed forum I've come across. It occasionally (very occasionally) gets a bit heated, but usually only when someone oversteps the mark.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
18 April 2007 12:46
two_stops
Photographer
two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

It would appear that my post was removed at the request of the original poster, and that thread hijacking was the motive.

When in fact I was replying to this post.

"Boat...Tyne...boat...Tyne...oh aye, floaty thing on watery thing. I was looking at doing the same sort of shoot myself but I'n not in the position of knowing anyone that has a boat, so I will have to pop down to my local marina and see if there are any Geordie millionaires about. May end up with two oars on the local pond, though. "Come in number 6". Good luck though Ian."

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

18 April 2007 18:54
alans_photography
Photographer

Quote from MikeJames
I agree with a lot of that. I also like to see lively discussions. There are many different personalities on here and what members find acceptable varies a lot. For every moderation action we take, we will have one person who thanks us and another who will criticise us. Its a case of damned if we do and damned if dont. To keep everybody happy, we have to try and strike a happy medium and sometimes we have to draw a line somewhere. As moderators, whatever we do, we will never keep all of the people happy all of the time.

So from now on we can hav a discussion and if you feel its gone too far you can stop it,but if you had stopped the discussion the discussion me an youpan had that time we would not have resolved the situation. Neither of us would have benefited from you doing that surely.I did contact admin at the time as thought I had said to much, but they seemed okay about it, but this does not seem an option with the moderators, your opinion goes. Alan
Learn by your mistakes and don't take criticism to heart

18 April 2007 19:13
djhowiet61

No longer a member

Interesting Debate,Opinions,Comments Etc............. I will pop back later

18 April 2007 19:49
MikeJames
Photographer

So from now on we can hav a discussion and if you feel its gone too far you can stop it,but if you had stopped the discussion the discussion me an youpan had that time we would not have resolved the situation. Neither of us would have benefited from you doing that surely.I did contact admin at the time as thought I had said to much, but they seemed okay about it, but this does not seem an option with the moderators, your opinion goes. Alan

Where the hell have I said people cant have opinions? Opinions are the lifeblood of a forum. Mike

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AegeanSoft apogeeimages carshaltonkev gazza32