Removed Forum Posts

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
17 April 2007 15:19
two_stops
Photographer
two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

It would appear that a post I made on a thread has disappeared, can we at least have email confirmation if that happens or a deleted post in the thread.

Thanks

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

17 April 2007 16:15
MikeJames
Photographer

HiJohn,

We do try and contact members when a post or thread is deleted as we like to keep members informed.

However due to various circumstances this is not always possible. Reasons can include lack of time or having to consult with another moderator first when a team decision has been made.

Sometimes we will also provisionally remove a thread post while we review the situaion as a Moderation Team. As a result of the teams views, the thread will either remain deleted or be reinstated. Often, PM's will not be sent out until a final decision has been made.

John, I will also be sending a PM regarding your post.

If anybody ever has a thread/post removed that they have nt been informed about, please feel free to contact one of the Mods who will be happy to deal with any issues.

Mike
Reet proper Northern and proud!

17 April 2007 17:24
two_stops
Photographer
two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Well its now an hour and 5 minutes since your post Mike, and I'm still awaiting the email?

John

17 April 2007 17:45
gazl
Photographer

I've just posted this in General Chat - http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=6022

It seems to be a general moderating policy

17 April 2007 17:45
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from two_stops
Well its now an hour and 5 minutes since your post Mike, and I'm still awaiting the email? John

John, sorry for the delay but i have a lot to deal with. I still have other PM's I have not had the chance to deal with yet. I have now mailed you. Mike

17 April 2007 18:02
two_stops
Photographer
two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Mail replied to.

John

YouPan Models is off-line
17 April 2007 18:34
youpan
Photographer
youpan
London
Crouch End

We think that the moderators are getting a little trigger happy - just because you can, doesn't mean you should - & maybe so much censorship, is creating a slightly too sanitized an environment for honest opinions & views. It certainly give a false impression to novice models & photographers that all is sweetness & light - a utopia for the uninitiated, & ultimately does more harm than good...

(yes, we know you've been a moderator for years, etc. MikeJames - we've obeyed the law for years, but that doesn't make us policeman, either)
www.sweet-fms.com - where the real amateurs come to play! - "positively 4th street"

17 April 2007 19:17
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from youpan
We think that the moderators are getting a little trigger happy - just because you can, doesn't mean you should - & maybe so much censorship, is creating a slightly too sanitized an environment for honest opinions & views. It certainly give a false impression to novice models & photographers that all is sweetness & light - a utopia for the uninitiated, & ultimately does more harm than good... (yes, we know you've been a moderator for years, etc. MikeJames - we've obeyed the law for years, but that doesn't make us policeman, either)

Youpan, I acually agree with a lot of what you say. Im certainly not trigger happy. In truth, I have deleted very few posts. I do try to avoid deleting posts where possible. You are right, new models shouldnt think all things are sweetness and light. A lot of posts are deleted/edited due to containing personal info or contain copies of PM's or emails. These will be removed. With respect, what you dont see is what goes on behind the scenes such as all the PM's about threads. These all have to be dealt with as fairly as possible. I will hold up my hand up and say we dont always get things right but we do try and make sure things ae right in the end. Please also bear in mind that the new Mods were only apointed 10 days ago so we are still bedding in. Mike

17 April 2007 19:25
gazl
Photographer

You will have my PM by now Mike, so you know I'm in line with Youpan's comments. Sweetness and light are all very good, but selective censorship doesn't sit well.

18 April 2007 05:32
alans_photography
Photographer

Quote from youpan
We think that the moderators are getting a little trigger happy - just because you can, doesn't mean you should - & maybe so much censorship, is creating a slightly too sanitized an environment for honest opinions & views. It certainly give a false impression to novice models & photographers that all is sweetness & light - a utopia for the uninitiated, & ultimately does more harm than good... (yes, we know you've been a moderator for years, etc. MikeJames - we've obeyed the law for years, but that doesn't make us policeman, either)

As you know youpan, me and you had a discussion some time ago which did get a bit heated, but now I feel I can get on with you more so I feel that being frank with each other did no harm in fact it helped both of us. Do you not agree but now that wont be able to happen on here anymore.
Learn by your mistakes and don't take criticism to heart

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AegeanSoft apogeeimages carshaltonkev gazza32