Reminder Secure

'Image editing ok' Icon?

10 March 2007 15:33
MikeJames
Photographer

On a couple of other sites I use, there is an icon on members posts that shows if it is ok to edit and re-post other members pictures. I think this is a great tool for sharing PP techniques and advising others who want to learn.

Mike
Reet proper Northern and proud!

10 March 2007 17:38
Astaroth
Photographer

Is it really necessary to have an icon for it? I have both been asked and have asked to edit images.... ok, I have not posted them back to the general forum but then that hasnt been the purpose of my editing (though those that owned the copyright to the image have).

I guess it would be nice enough to have a wee icon but firstly you can always ask and secondly if I am doing photoshop I would rather be using larger files than we can host here and so would more likely ask the owner of the image to send me a larger version anyway.
Playing with SEO: http://www.astarothimages.co.uk

10 March 2007 20:39
MikeJames
Photographer

Thats fair comment Dan, it was just a thought after seeing it on other sites. I accept it would not be viewed as a priority over more important requests.

Great main image on your profile by the way.

Mike

10 March 2007 21:11
djhowiet61

No longer a member

Quote from MikeJames
Thats fair comment Dan, it was just a thought after seeing it on other sites. I accept it would not be viewed as a priority over more important requests. Great main image on your profile by the way. Mike

Hi Mike, I feel you both have valid points but just getting to grips with photoshop my self I am a mere novice, but Dan has a good point about the image/file size, and hey keep your eyes off the lovely young lady on his main Image. I made that enquiry months back to Dan(just kidding).....

10 March 2007 21:20
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from djhowiet61
Hi Mike, I feel you both have valid points but just getting to grips with photoshop my self I am a mere novice, but Dan has a good point about the image/file size, and hey keep your eyes off the lovely young lady on his main Image. I made that enquiry months back to Dan(just kidding).....

Hi Ian, I also a Photoshop novice having only installed CS2 a couple of weeks ago and hence the experiments in my profile. image/file size should be a problem with pics already posted in the forum or on profiles. Like I said, its not the most important feature people will be looking for. Just a case of thinking out aloud. Mike

11 March 2007 02:43
Astaroth
Photographer

Photoshop wont even run on my laptop for some strange and unknown reason

So if you were only thinking out loud does that make me your concionce sitting on your right shoulder or the devil on your left

Many thanks for the comments on the image... really need to get round to actually taking more photos rather than just talking about it... thankfully back in the UK again soon
Playing with SEO: http://www.astarothimages.co.uk

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura fizzy Marty2k10
bbphotos Brian2008 casell Djanimation eosfan forden_photo freddie geoffmarchant Gregory_Mason hodgen James7799 joolsy KDP Kjoservices lify mareeoosh Marleyman mauricesimagery mikehemmings Mikeoj moritz78 orkadia Phiesta1 piksmike rod_m99 rscott360 steveh32 togman