Reminder Secure

Just another 5"5 Blonde, D cup glamour model........

08 April 2008 07:18
Natalie_J
Model

I have been turnd down from two agencies in the past week because "they already have alot of girls on their books with the same look as me" I dont want a derastic change but can anyone suggest somthing I could do that will make me stand out. I dont know if my portfolio is to much of the same thing or if thats just a nice way of them saying you arent model material....... HELP!!!!

love6

Phoenix Harrison is off-line
08 April 2008 10:31
hannahrichmond
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
hannahrichmond
Greater Manchester
manchester/barrow-in-furness

Quote from Natalie_J

I have been turnd down from two agencies in the past week because "they already have alot of girls on their books with the same look as me" I dont want a derastic change but can anyone suggest somthing I could do that will make me stand out. I dont know if my portfolio is to much of the same thing or if thats just a nice way of them saying you arent model material....... HELP!!!!

love6

just keep trying and experimenting with shoots and different looks, you'll find the more work you try to do, that theyll take you more seriously?

xx

Taking bookings for Cumbria, Manchester and London at present.

08 April 2008 13:42
bezza
Photographer

my advice is get my wife to dye your hair red and re shoot a fashion set and a glamour set.

you're right there are lots of blondes out there with great looks and firm skin

mark

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
08 April 2008 18:15
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I think you look great as you are and It's a shame to fix something that isn't broken. I know what you mean about getting told there are so many similar models out there. I've been turned down by two agencies for looking 'too mainsteam'.

I know in general agencies seem to be crying out for read heads so you could take the plunge and try a different hair colour.

Iain Thomson is onlinePlatinum Member
09 April 2008 04:19
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

I'm quite surprised.

If I were you I would persevere. You have the advantage of "d" cup natural boobs and apparently no tatoos, thats a great start.

Also, I dont think you have the "typical blond" look, but perhaps experiment with softer, more natural images which show of your natural prettyness to its best advantage. 

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

09 April 2008 05:23
Natalie_J
Model

Thanks for the advice everyone. I would love to die my hair red but its actualy getting the courage to do it.

And yes, now looking at my pics I have noticed that maybe I should add a softer looking pic with less make-up.

Thanks for the advice everyone, it realy helped.

Natalie love6

Nick Vidler is off-line
09 April 2008 15:32
Nickcv
Photographer
Nickcv
Kent
London & South East

I wouldn't lose heart Natalie as even some of the so called supermodels were turned down by agencies prior to being accepted on to the books of others.  I actually feel your look to be different from many others and I'll let you into a little secret, you're actually on my favourites list as someone I wouldn't mind working with in the future.
http://www.nick-vidler.com/

Haylez is off-line
09 April 2008 15:42
haylez
Model
haylez
Shropshire
Shrewsbury

There really isnt that many of us that are small but have natural breasts!!! And there really isnt many that are natural blondes either!!! happy6
"Good things come in small packages!!*

10 April 2008 04:31
Natalie_J
Model

Thank you everyone, I feel alot better now, I was actualy thinking about giving up.

Its good to hear comments like that from people who dont have to say it just because they are your mum or sister lol.

And Nick, I would like to work with you also, you have some amazing pictures.

Natalie

10 April 2008 05:24
Jonvelle
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Natalie_J

love6

They typically get between 50 and 300 applications per day / week depending on who they are.

The one thing that gets you through the initial filters is the difference factor e.g. Does your folio look the same as everyone else or can you show a range of styles? 

Do you have image styles like 'Dear Deirdre' in The Sun rather than the standard lingerie pout?
Polka dot bikini / Retro glamour
Some GQ style glamour mixed with the Maxim and FHM....

Have a browse at Andy LeSauvage - http://www.lesauvagephotographer.com/ Agencies love him

162 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abby89 AvaModel BadCat bambi77 Bexwhite bleeding_rose1 CandyBelle30 chakalaka cherry_lane ClairLove Cleona DanniElise davenport dede fionajane Franka jaydelee jenbailey7 kimberlywhyte kimmy99 Laura_Lily leahleigh lorab MaisieRain69 marta24 michellehush Missmarie morganrose91 natty09 OlgaCabaeva Redders08 roxymendez samanthajane4 samfx SarahTonin ScousePammie Silkythighslou stephowens Tronny UpscaleKim vixiev xxMatty67
2bridgesphotography ajfar albumzd aprilscherz3 autumnlite bavister bbphotos Belemboo bigandy blacklion Blackout_productions calandra_images camerawerks chymera daveb Daveinsurrey david1500 davidd200 digiman Digitalelegance digitalmood DJ200 djw Dolayley Domnumberone donnydave Drowley eddyweir14 Edenbailey eipstudios epsmith Figureman Flash fotopro Girlsathome gkeesuk glamorphotos Graham12 grahamr Greenwich_art_photo hovephotoman hylander IainT ionosphere jaejay jamesmoo JGDTOG jonnywoo JSP JuanMuino k8tie karlsheen KevB Ladiesman leighj lester2705 ltphotography Marcus_photos matt_j_photography matthieulefevre MauricesImagery maz01 mikebee mikeriot mish65 mitch69 moodimage MPinkus N1CK Nessie nicholas_ainsley nicmarchant nik300 Njsphotography Norman_allan oceanova paulgooddy pellium photo_phil Photosareu pictureman6 pmeu quentinminx raven60 redbaron redtail rembrandt richkemp rickster rikkiwalker52 rowen16 sammylhel sandycamel scouse83 sdeve seanb Sharkmad shauncardy shinywear silksky Simon_P sniffer star_shots stavros Stibnite Stmphoto symon1 tabloid1 tbahcam the_last_quincy Thomsonjo Toby1984 TonyHazell TonyNutley ukcolin utopium Whitehartphotography wq0pco
Victoria_Howard
kerandastudio2