Website domain names

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
04 November 2017 05:58
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi all

I need bit help with making sure my domain name ok for Google as, I understand that Google has changed the way they search our websites! As i have along name and i wonder if best to change it? Also i very bad at writing so there not much text go up!

1] So what the number of letter better for a domain name to be?

2] Do you need say the word photographer in now?

3] Is bad to have more than one domain name pointing to your website?

4] Now a lot of the time i get my sure name spelt wrong what best way to cover this?

5] What the best way to make sure my site is looked at by Google if i not adding any text to the website, but only images?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Brian

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
04 November 2017 06:35
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The big change as far as I recall is that they will prioritise secure websites, that is ones starting htpps over normal sites. As most good hosting companies now provide this free that should not be a big issue.

Creating good SEO so your site ranks high in searches is quite an art and one where the goalposts are always moving but in essence it involves having a site where all the content and information tells the Google algorithm that yours is a better choice than others for certain phrases. My understanding is that the URL is a crucial part of this so having the right word in the main name and for sub pges is important.

Having more than one domain pointing to it will hit your results because Google sees this as a series of duplicate sites, which used to be a tactic used by black hat SEO trying to get spam sites at the top of the listings.

How do you know they are getting your surname wrong? And why would they need to type it in manually anyhow? If you are providing links to your site to people then they only have to click on it. If you are not then its time you did

To be honest if all you are doing is putting up images then I doubt Google will rank you very high. It is looking for content that it believes those searching on specific terms will find interesting. For that it will always favour sites that are being updated constantly with relevant content and it cannot ready images. Making sure the image name reflects the content will help on image searches. As will creating meaningful alt tags on links and adding titles

I'm afraid all this takes a lot of time and effort. Even then the amount of traffic you get directly from search engines will be minimal I suspect.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
07 November 2017 04:58
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi Redbaron
Thanks for you help with this!

I know SEO is hard work!!

The getting the name wrong is when you tell some it! You get al sort the normal is southall, southern! if for more when people are referencing you i as asking about!

Yes i know going to be lot work! :-(

Thanks for your help, it great thank you!:-)
Brian

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Missminiskirt
andrewk BCPhotography bluesden david1500 Design210 djb1 FlashHarry100 frankpht gwentman HarishPadalia Impulse_Images johnmphoto LeeWheatley Look_Sharp markby Mike103 mlp moritz78 orca_photography oz_4 Puremoods rscott360 Rupert steveh32 Stoker sumupp Thunder_Photos