Reminder Secure

faulty 550EX speedlights

Moorlane is off-line
26 October 2017 09:11
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I have a couple of Canon 550EX speedlights which have served me well. However one of them now works only intermittently which is a pain ! Should I invest in a replacement or is there a cheap alternative. Your thoughts please

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
26 October 2017 09:28
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Try the Yongnuo units, they are very good and very reasonably priced.

You can get 2 YN600-rt II units (works just as well as the very expensive Canon version (£500)), along with the YN-E3-RT transmitter for about £220 on Ebay.

I have 2 of them, along with 2 of the newer YN686EX-RT (that use long lasting lithium batteries, but they are a fair bit dearer).

HTH

Dave Beasley is off-line
26 October 2017 10:00
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Have a look at the PixaPro range at www.essentialphoto.co.uk

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
26 October 2017 10:15
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Why not get it repaired? Even a quick Google brings up a fixed price service and new tube for £99. I would rather do that and stick with a unit I know than replace with some chap chinese import. Not a recommendation just top of the list.

http://www.hlehmann.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d207164_Canon_Speedlite_Repair_Service.html
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Moorlane is off-line
26 October 2017 11:42
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Thank you everyone for your speedy responses! £60 with Lehmanns seems a good option

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray chosin CIEGE_CJ Courtneygiles00
ad360photo alanbassettphotography bob BobWright Cliff Design210 distortedecho djb1 firstforimages FlashHarry100 Gregory_Mason iankerr ImageStyle JohnDentonPhoto KevinJS Kiboko Kjoservices Ladiesman LGI markeos50d MIB mikebee oz_4 photographybyfleur photomart Snooper911 stephenmuddell steveh32