Reminder Secure

experienced wedding photographer needed......for £10/hr waahaahaaa...

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
11 June 2017 09:13
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

experienced wedding photographer needed......for £10/hr waahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this has really amused me, in an un-amusing sort of way. do people really expect that rate to be adequate
to hire an **experienced** wedding photographer ?

OMG.

Moorlane is off-line
11 June 2017 09:46
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Aldi pay more for stacking shelves

11 June 2017 11:50
paule
Photographer

they may get a student..

unfortunately too many think you really do only need a camera.. ( 1 camera ) & absolutely nothing else..

I had a brides mum ( who models ) offer 2 hours of her time for 2 hours of wedding photos - no money... I declined.. it's my entire day regardless of how long they want me as I can't book another wedding..

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
11 June 2017 13:52
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from alexcrawford
do people really expect that rate to be adequate to hire an **experienced** wedding photographer ?

Look on the positive side.
You wouldn't see a photographer being offered payment on LilacWine.com
smiley: Roll - keystrokes: :rollin

Paul Riddell is off-line
14 June 2017 05:17
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

You can't even get an inexperienced one for that, at least not one that is worth paying because they'll actually get you some images worth looking at afterwards.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Paul Riddell is off-line
14 June 2017 05:40
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

and just come across this since I posted a half hour ago...

'We are looking for a talented, highly motivated photographer to be our full time photographer'

'We want someone who is creative and will bring original and inspirational ideas for product and social media shoots'

'This is NON paid but we do cover food and travel expenses up to £10 per day.'
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2017 05:01
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from riddell
(snip)
'This is NON paid but we do cover food and travel expenses up to £10 per day.'

i gave advice to a person a while ago to stay away from professional photography
and certainly not to open a studio with anything other than 100% bank money
i.e. they take all the risk.

as a one-person-operator of a business i think it'd be a formula for nervous breakdown real fast

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2017 06:39
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from alexcrawford
i gave advice to a person a while ago to stay away from professional photography and certainly not to open a studio with anything other than 100% bank money i.e. they take all the risk. as a one-person-operator of a business i think it'd be a formula for nervous breakdown real fast

You certainly need the right training, which is not easy to track down. The sales are there but  you  need to understand how modern portraiture works in terms of marketing and sales. In fact working my way through a big stack of orders while waiting for the next client to arriveat the studio now. The problem is deluded idiots who think somehow there is a killing ot be made undercutting the 'expensive' local photographer with snapshots at a tenner a pop.They have zero affect on our bookings thankfully as they are all but invisible outside their own little group of friends. Despite the time they may lavish on websites and facbook pages rarely seen by anyone actively intending to book a shoot

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

G Jack B is off-line
20 June 2017 02:55
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Devon
Plymouth

This story is at least 40 years old, I was doing weddings in the 80's and te same is still true - they want the pictures for free as all you have to do is point the camera.......
Real Bread Cook by day, BTL landlord & IT Guru - who said men can't multitask!

Matthew G is off-line
20 June 2017 18:58
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I'd photograph a wedding for £10 an hour and i am a working photographer. My stop watch will go on every time i do any work to do with the wedding, they'll need to dry hire the kitvi require or hire my own kit, pay my full travel expenses, the post production work, the hire of my computet, pay my insurance..... My point is weddings arent cost effective and once you take everything in to account i bet most weddi g photographers barely clear £10 an hour....

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 ladysextasy maria_dyl Rae_raven sofiarae Winterlilly Wonderlandsherellex Xgreeneyesx
antoinewynn bengie Davebu dirkus gordon guitarman gwentman Hazy Jayp1 jccj1 Jph1954 Ladiesman MIB ownimage panda49 PhotoSpyroS poah Rhadamanthus Thechriss Thunder_Photos tms Zuiko
barlowstudios