Reminder Secure

full frame print sizes?

Moorlane is off-line
02 May 2017 13:33
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

It's been a long time since I took prints from my digital images .Can I ask someone to remind me which print sizes are full frame i.e. no cropping? I have 6x4 inches 8x6 and 10x8 in my mind and not others such as 7x5 inches? Thanks

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
02 May 2017 13:51
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Try resizing them in whatever you use for editing to the size you wish to print and see if they will fit without cropping.
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Moorlane is off-line
02 May 2017 13:52
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

Thanks. I should have said- I am getting them printed elsewhere and not doing them myself

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
02 May 2017 14:29
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I would still resize so you know exactly what they will print, most places ask for it.
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
02 May 2017 14:31
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Going to depend on camera. If as I assume you mean most 35mm cameras such as say my Canon 5DMKIII then its a 2:3 aspect ratio but some use the 4/3 now. Nor sure it matter though as it is what crop suits the image Anyhow 6x4 9x6 12x8 should all work without cropping (but if they don't tough I'm not offering a warrantry!)
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Matthew G is off-line
03 May 2017 15:59
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Assuming that you are using a dslr then the sensor size is 24 x 36mm on a full frame or 18 x 24 on a crop camera such as the Canon 700D. Therefore your ratio is 2 : 3 so any multiple of that....

2 x 3
4 x 6
6 x 9
8 x 12
12 x 16
and so on. Any number multiplied by two is tho there number x 3...

erik is off-lineSilver Member
04 May 2017 07:49
ericmovie
Photographer

West Yorkshire

Full frame printing size is 4x6, 6x9, 8x12, 12x18, at most of the high street lab, or photo shop, i.e. Kodak Express, Fuji Imaging centre etc.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 May 2017 03:03
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Just enter your image resolution into this:   Aspect Ratio Calculator

Seriously though, this is pre-teen maths
I prefer not to think before I speak. I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

Anthonygh is off-lineSilver Member
06 June 2017 13:34
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Why not use PS or similar to work it out. Just resize the short edge to 10cm...and see what the long edge comes to. Or use any of your potential sizes....put in the short edge....see what the long edge comes out at.

You can of course set the cropping tool to any ratio you want and use that to play with your image to get the effect you are looking for.

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Cody KaisaHenriikka kellyb1988 Ndcent007 Prettypolly xxmrmthxx
2webmedia ad360photo digitizer diphoto Essexjohn freddie funky HarishPadalia j12345s Jrjstanford karlsheen KrissB lify Lpphotografix michaelangelo mickyb mlp Neill5409 photostudiokk plld quercus redbaron Rich2110 rossiter Rscott360 RupertRudd sandycamel tonyk1
photo39