Bowens Travelpak

Hammertime.. is off-line
18 March 2017 15:31
Nemesis
Photographer
Nemesis
Surrey
Sutton

Hi All anyone have a Bowens travelpak? I'm just charging for a shoot tomorrow and cannot find the booklet, hardly ever use the pack and cannot remember, do you just plug into the base or the top as both have a charginf port, ALso do the switches need to be in any particular position? Thanks in advance.

HowardJ is off-line
18 March 2017 15:34
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Google bowens travelpak manual and the first result is a link to a PDF user manual.

Complicated... Isn't it?

Hammertime.. is off-line
18 March 2017 15:41
Nemesis
Photographer
Nemesis
Surrey
Sutton

Yeah it's not that straight forward, I spoke to Bowens before ages ago and put a note in the booklet, which I cannot find.... They gave me a few specifics.. you would think just plug in and go..

HowardJ is off-line
18 March 2017 15:49
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

YouTube?

Hammertime.. is off-line
18 March 2017 16:03
Nemesis
Photographer
Nemesis
Surrey
Sutton

I'm winging it at the moment lol

HowardJ is off-line
18 March 2017 17:21
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

From the bowens website:

"You can charge any version of the Travelpak with it either switched on or off. The LED light on the charger will change colour when fully charged.

Ensure the Travelpak is never left empty of charge as this will damage the battery cell. If you do not plan to use the Travelpak for an extended period of time, you should discharge the battery at varying levels to keep the battery active. We reccommend you do this weekly."

Hammertime.. is off-line
18 March 2017 18:49
Nemesis
Photographer
Nemesis
Surrey
Sutton

Bugger.. better replace it lol

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
18 March 2017 18:57
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I know the rocker switch on the GEmini heads is off in the middle, mains power when up and battery power when down. Don't have the battery pack though. Did think about it but started drooling when I saw the new XMT and bought a pair of those at the show instead From memory though I don't think you need to take the battery off the travel pack to charge it
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Hammertime.. is off-line
18 March 2017 20:10
Nemesis
Photographer
Nemesis
Surrey
Sutton

Not charging, I think I may need to get new cells

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
19 March 2017 03:17
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

You may be able to open the battery and see what battery they've used and subsequently get a replacement for a fraction of the price of a new battery from Bowens themselves. I did that with my two Profoto batteries when they died. £3-400 for new batteries, but £57 each to buy the new cells myself. Obviously a service centre will also likely be able to replace the cells themselves at a much lower cost than buying a whole new battery on its own.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jackw JohnDentonPhoto nick34eh steveh32 zzdigital