Back at work! Why is it so quite?

Victoria Howard is off-line
17 March 2017 07:41
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Just a quick hi to everyone. I am now back at work, after a LONG period of illness. 

Why is it so quite on here? 

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
17 March 2017 10:31
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It has been quiet for a while now. At least on the forums. I think most of those who like to talk the talk are in the other place. Anyhow welcome back. With any luck you have chosen the right time as we are told an update is in the pipeline. Taking longer that expected but then they always do.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

ato is off-line
18 March 2017 08:31
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

I had prepared a nice and long answer and wrote some proper ideas how to get rid of silence here ... It works and it is kind of easy ...

took me a while for the text, and then its now cooking time, so go to the kitchen here and then, and go on with the text. Then, finally, all done ... click send

Text lost, I got logged out, cannot even go back, all gone.

Not Helpful guys. So, If someone plans a longer text, post it after the first sentence. And then edit it.

I am not writing all that again unless someone asks me fine and with at least a lolli pop at hand

raw and the cooked is off-line
18 March 2017 11:39
Rawandthecooked
Photographer

London

This place died. Didn't you get the invite to the funeral? There is talk of re-birth, just don't hold your breath!

ato is off-line
24 March 2017 14:40
atumeda
Photographer

Lothian

ok, ill try again.

Can Purestorm be accessed via app on a mobile phone?
Can the wonnabe models use their phone to send their miniclip around like on in... gram?
Singing to a rubbish melody "make me to a model please" ...
Do they get a "like" for their effort? Or at least a bunch of followers?

Why should they show their profile or this style Purestorm to their friends? Hey I am on Purestorm... Oh, I saw ... meh

Its just business here, yes, for this is all around. But not for phone fun.
So, make an app., just for fun. With a kind of competition and reward ... And from there, somewhere, access to this site, for the more clever ones.., and of course a chance for photographers to contact these "models" behind the clips (link to the profile). Thats not possible on this sites, so, here is yours.

Hey I got some hot shots of me, and a clip, like me please ...
Where?
On the PS app ... there

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
25 March 2017 06:14
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from atumeda
ok, ill try again. Can Purestorm be accessed via app on a mobile phone? Can the wonnabe models use their phone to send their miniclip around like on in... gram? Singing to a rubbish melody "make me to a model please" ... Do they get a "like" for their effort? Or at least a bunch of followers? Why should they show their profile or this style Purestorm to their friends? Hey I am on Purestorm... Oh, I saw ... meh Its just business here, yes, for this is all around. But not for phone fun. So, make an app., just for fun. With a kind of competition and reward ... And from there, somewhere, access to this site, for the more clever ones.., and of course a chance for photographers to contact these "models" behind the clips (link to the profile). Thats not possible on this sites, so, here is yours. Hey I got some hot shots of me, and a clip, like me please ... Where? On the PS app ... there

You cannot make an ap for the site and if you are on the other popular site you will know full well they don't have one either. Apple will not allow anything in the way of an ap remotely 'adult' related and like it or not that is how these sites are seen.

Yes it needs to be more mobile friendly but I rather assume that is part of what Matt is working on at the moment. Again PP is not that brilliant either as far as I am concerned with pop ups that if triggered then block the screen and refuse to go away. The biggest problem with this site at the moment ispeople like you and this is a perfect example. A model comes back to say hi I'm back looking for work and instead of welcoming her you come on whinging and moaning about things that have little relavance to the thread. Hardly the sort of thing that is going to encourage new membership if seen.

The site is looking a little tired, though not as bad as some others by any means but Matt has already said this is being addressed. Yes it is taking quite a bit longer than he forecast but unfortunately that is not at all uncommon in web design. With a site like this it is not about just swapping a wordpress theme out then boasting you are a web developer. I would much rather see a fully finished site go up than the debacle with ModelMayhem for example where  a new front end was cobbled on in a burst of trumpets and things to come. Followed by bugger all.

The real issue with this site is not so much the design as the attitude of too many of those who post here. It seems for every person who posts wanting to lighten the mood and get some community spirit back there are three boors who have nothing better to do with their time than carp and complain. No wonder a few of them have been thrown off other sites if all they ever posted was a stream of negativity.

Matt can do so much but if the site is to move on once the revamp has taken place then there needs to be a more positive attitude from members too.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Hooky is off-line
25 March 2017 12:16
lensman100
Photographer
lensman100
Hampshire

Maybe people will be less negative when they see reasons to be positive??? If there are any left by then....

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
25 March 2017 14:54
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Victoria_Howard
Why is it so quite on here?

Hi Victoria,
Great to see you back.

The whole scene has changed massively since you, LaylaRC and myself were invited to sit down with Matt in Aldo's trattoria in Soho to both discuss possible ways of further developing Purestorm from the perspectives of working professionals (MUA, Model/ Actress/ Presenter, and Photographer) and see if there were ways we could help contribute based on our experience.

The subsequent relatively fast demise of the Lads Mags, which orginally made glamour modelling without the need for excessive nudity acceptable, has done the scene no favours and has contributed to sites like this becoming quieter.

Unfortunately, with the exception of a few high profile models who have continued to profit, the UK scene change does not appear to have boded well for this and similar portfolio websites.

To the aspiring model, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram (and next week's fashionable new kid on the block) can give them instant 'love' and thousands of 'friends' to boost their self esteem, without them having to actually do much modelling, so this type of portfolio website probably offers limited appeal.

As many new models, which sites like this depend on for their lifeblood,  are like tulips or butterflies who explode on the scene in an initial burst of colour but never last long, maybe the social networking scene is actually the best place for them and those of us who were around at the start of the boom should just readjust to a smaller pool of more committed people to work with.

Bobkiss

Bill Haley is off-lineSilver Member
25 March 2017 16:01
pompeytog
Photographer
pompeytog
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Quote from redbaron
You cannot make an ap for the site and if you are on the other popular site you will know full well they don't have one either. Apple will not allow anything in the way of an ap remotely 'adult' related and like it or not that is how these sites are seen.

Yes it needs to be more mobile friendly but I rather assume that is part of what Matt is working on at the moment. Again PP is not that brilliant either as far as I am concerned with pop ups that if triggered then block the screen and refuse to go away. The biggest problem with this site at the moment ispeople like you and this is a perfect example. A model comes back to say hi I'm back looking for work and instead of welcoming her you come on whinging and moaning about things that have little relavance to the thread. Hardly the sort of thing that is going to encourage new membership if seen.

The site is looking a little tired, though not as bad as some others by any means but Matt has already said this is being addressed. Yes it is taking quite a bit longer than he forecast but unfortunately that is not at all uncommon in web design. With a site like this it is not about just swapping a wordpress theme out then boasting you are a web developer. I would much rather see a fully finished site go up than the debacle with ModelMayhem for example where  a new front end was cobbled on in a burst of trumpets and things to come. Followed by bugger all.

The real issue with this site is not so much the design as the attitude of too many of those who post here. It seems for every person who posts wanting to lighten the mood and get some community spirit back there are three boors who have nothing better to do with their time than carp and complain. No wonder a few of them have been thrown off other sites if all they ever posted was a stream of negativity.

Matt can do so much but if the site is to move on once the revamp has taken place then there needs to be a more positive attitude from members too.

Well said sir
How hard can it be?

AGS is off-line
26 March 2017 01:04
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Doesn't pay to talk much or air opinion these days [forums / all sites]... too many people who think they're it... clique members who slate people and shove around their superiority like they are walking around with a penny tightly clenched in their ass. Plus, people you write to anyway, rarely respond unless money (usually more than reflects their experience) is involved, so there's a level of apathy too.

Group shoots and studio days seem to be where it's at now, despite the decline in studios; the 1 on 1 thing is fast becoming a fading memory. The 'scene' feels like... keeping ya head down, maintaining a quiet'ish presence, and hoping for better days.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray caramacman Krystald Lottie21 missminiskirt Natpenelope SJH30 SuzyMonty wakeywakey Winterlilly
Add_barkaway android_man bernadinism clarmike copperbronze Dannsmithpictures01 david1500 djb1 duncanjames eosfan iestyn johnmphoto laurenwebler15 MIB Philski plld Reynard sammylhel shadowtime74 skinz smooth_image Steveh32 Stoker ViktorDaniels zzdigital