11 January 2017 05:41
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Quote from Moorlane
can I ask what size videos need to be for uploading onto websites? Thanks John

OK, now thats an even more obteuse question.

The answer depends on loads of factors.

What is the length of the video?
What resolution?
What format?
and what codec?

When I shoot commercially I'm often asked to provide several formats. I'm sure you've noticed on many websites they have normal, HD and movile versions of the same video. Sometimes you can choose or override, but often these days the website will pick up what kind of equipment you are on and feed you the respective video that is best for your equipment.

www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

01 March 2017 20:22
carolparry
Model
This member has been suspended

Ive heard you can pay for an app on the laptop for downsizing...there's a photographer who must know somewhere...espacially images sent to an email first

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
02 March 2017 14:37
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from carolparry
Ive heard you can pay for an app on the laptop for downsizing...there's a photographer who must know somewhere...espacially images sent to an email first

No need to pay, there are plenty of free software like http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

AGS is off-line
09 March 2017 08:12
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

If you shrink the size, consider doing a little sharpen filter pass before you save. Some images lose clarity if they are complex in nature.

23 March 2017 00:55
carolparry
Model
This member has been suspended

Hi yes, I have gathered that too, many thanks for reply...and I now have a photographer who can now help me if the occasion arises again..any thank

Bye xx

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray caramacman ellefyre Krystald Lottie21 missminiskirt Natpenelope SJH30 SuzyMonty wakeywakey Winterlilly
Add_barkaway android_man bernadinism clarmike copperbronze Dannsmithpictures01 david1500 djb1 duncanjames eosfan iestyn johnmphoto laurenwebler15 MIB Philski plld Reynard sammylhel shadowtime74 skinz smooth_image Steveh32 Stoker ViktorDaniels zzdigital