Reminder Secure

Old profiles that no one has used in years are they ever deleted?

Dave is off-line
30 October 2016 08:12
Davenwuk
Photographer

Lancashire
Lancaster

HI all I have been looking through some of the profiles and have noticed there are loads that have not logged in for in a lot of cases 5yrs or more is there a time limit for the site to have a clear out of old profiles etc so as to free up the site and keep profiles fresh.

thanks

Dave

30 October 2016 11:08
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Even worse when you do a model search and all you get is old profiles
It's all in the detail

John Enger is off-line
30 October 2016 12:39
JohnEnger
Photographer
JohnEnger
Norway
Nannestad

I think it's quite common among these sites to NOT delete members, as that leaves them with more members to brag about. Giving new members a feeling that the site is bigger than it actually is.

I used to be a paying member here, but since the newest, most recent profile logged in in my area is like 4 years old, it's no good for me.
And most of my abroad shoots are in the US, where this site is rather poorly represented.

I stayed a member mostly because if the forums which are pretty good.

J.

Matthew G is off-line
05 November 2016 08:29
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Personally I think this model shows real potential... Who would like to arrange a shoot with her? Last logged in 9 years and 7 months ago :-) The only problem is her photo's might be a bit out of date by now! Why did I single her out? She is the profile that last logged in the longest time ago! :-)

http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=vickyob

There are roughly 20 million females living in the UK between 18 and 65. There are roughly 22,000 female models with active profiles on this site... That seems like an awful lot of those females that decide to model as a career! :-)

I think it might be time for a clear out on the grand launch of the new site that we are all waiting very patiently for. :-)

David Hunt is off-line
23 November 2016 16:16
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Old profiles make good, cheap advertising for the site.

A few people think that old profiles should be removed from any model directory to show good house keeping.

A few people think that any search that brings up a Purestorm profile (Dead or alive!) would be good advertising.

The majority do not post on the forums and do not give a fig.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
24 November 2016 11:10
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

It's one of the fundamental failings of this, and no doubt other such sites. I raised this on a forum some years ago, back in the days before PP and when forums could be really nasty, - needless to say I was castigated for voicing my thoughts and nothing's since changed. The official line was that this is a portfolio hosting site. I still maintain that most photographers want to see profiles of models who are active and contactable, - perhaps that should be something the re-organisation of the site addresses for once and for all. Members to log in at least once every month (or some such acceptable period), otherwise their profile is temporarily removed until re-activated. Yes it would decimate numbers initially, but ultimately photographers would know that any model on here is both of the above and models would perhaps find their workload he increase owing to removal of dead profiles which saps the moral of photographers who finally look elsewhere.

Martin Needs is off-lineSilver Member
24 November 2016 12:32
VicPics
Photographer
VicPics
Somerset
Frome

TIME FOR A CLEAR OUT - and a bit of promotion to get 'fresh Models etc !

Waste of time doing a 'search', most of the subjects are out of date !

25 November 2016 14:20
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Quote from VicPics

Way,way,way out of date!!

It's all in the detail

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
25 November 2016 15:06
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from VicPics

Why bother looking for 'fresh' models unless, of course, one is a 'fresh meat' raptor looking to pounce on newbies. There are still plenty of good and reliable models on here, whereas those sites attracting more newcomers over the last few years seem to be plagued with the No-Show problems this site used to suffer from.

Quote from VicPics

Searching isn't a waste of time if one simply selects the [Show most recently logged on profiles first] and only looks at the top of the list, rather trawling through every return. However the system could be improved by allowing multiple ajoining counties/regions to be easily selected like one do can when setting casting calls.

Bob

Martin Needs is off-lineSilver Member
25 November 2016 18:10
VicPics
Photographer
VicPics
Somerset
Frome

Quote from Bob
Why bother looking for 'fresh' models unless, of course, one is a 'fresh meat' raptor looking to pounce on newbies. There are still plenty of good and reliable models on here, whereas those sites attracting more newcomers over the last few years seem to be plagued with the No-Show problems this site used to suffer from.
Bob

It's a shame you wish to infer that I'm "a fresh meat raptor looking to pounce on newbies" ! If that's the way your mind works, then so be it ! The fact is that when doing a Model Search, however you try to filter it, a very high number of Models are now inactive ! ! This is not the case on an other thriving hosting site. I don't have a problem with 'no shows' (despite the vast choice of Models, both new and highly experienced - It's just a case of using common sense and experience gained from literally hundreds of casings - from which I can only recall about 3 'no shows'

There are,of course many excellent models on PS, both new and experienced - to whom my thanks are due

The problem is: too many 'dormant' accounts here on PS. A policy of freezing a non active member following a few months of non use, would improve the sites efficiency and popularity.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Danielamoreno1975 daniwhittaker freya12c Harvey31 Jamie32E sifx sxckitty
ansonphotography BobWright Cheshunt83 clarmike dby47 ElegantCaptures fannmore flair_photography j12345s mlp modelboutique ownimage panda49 peterh PJAPhotography redbaron rscott360 steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58 Thunder_Photos TinDolls Willjamieson