RKD Photographic is off-line
31 July 2016 11:04
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from PHP_Photography
Posting in General Chat takes care of all your problems.

Assuming she's on this site - she's not - or that she's English - she's not - or that she even speaks English - she doesn't... 

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
31 July 2016 14:09
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from arkady001
Assuming she's on this site - she's not - or that she's English - she's not - or that she even speaks English - she doesn't... 

General Chat is visible to everyone, not just members.

mr DL is off-lineSilver Member
31 July 2016 17:19
mrdl
Photographer
mrdl
Lincolnshire
Boston

Just tell her you don't have a wide angle lens....
If you wanted pink you shouldn't of took all those pictures of young ladies, should you? It's monochrome from now on, friend. Alright?

HowardJ is off-line
31 July 2016 17:51
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

I suggest writing a post about the delicate issue on a well known modelling site. Eventually the model in question or one of her friends will mention the post to her and she'll explode.

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
31 July 2016 19:34
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from arkady001
A model on my WTWW list contacted me last month after we bumped into each other at a local studio 

It seems you've both been neglecting the gym, if you're bumping into each other...laugh

Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

01 August 2016 15:26
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from Two_stops
It seems you've both been neglecting the gym, if you're bumping into each other...laugh

Very true... They had to winch me up the outside of the building like a hairy, sweaty sofa... 

01 August 2016 15:34
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from HowardJ
I suggest writing a post about the delicate issue on a well known modelling site. Eventually the model in question or one of her friends will mention the post to her and she'll explode.

I would but as I mentioned to our Finnish rep. not English, doesn't speak English, not living or working in the UK - in fact she's probably unaware this site even exists... 
I did mention it to the studio manager though and he told me I'm not alone in expressing a certain degree of disappointment... She's a studio regular though, so he's going to broach it gently... He says...  I think he'll leave it to his wife... 

JSP is off-linePlatinum Member
02 August 2016 14:03
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from arkady001
A model on my WTWW list contacted me last month after we bumped into each other at a local studio asking for a shoot - paid of course.To be honest, I didn't recognise her and had to check her port when I got home - that's not unusual though... Many models only bear a passing resemblance to their images and although her fees are at the higher end of the scale, judging by the majority of her port images, she's worth the money.
Unfortunately, in person she's not quite as lithe as her earlier images suggest and a recent couple of uploads to her port seem to confirm that she's been seriously neglecting her gym membership in preference for beer and sausage festivals. To be brutal, she's gone a bit podgy, most noticably around the waist hips and thighs. 
So how do you tell a model she's no longer worth the fees she's charging? Do you offer a lower rate...?  Or do you just do as I did and lie, pleading poverty and work schedules as the reason you no longer want to shoot her? 

Diplomatically..... You don't. Just say that she is a little bit expensive for you at the moment and hope that she takes the hint. frown
Your last bit, the "lie" is the best way to go. cheeky
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Iestyn Hooper is off-line
03 August 2016 02:46
iestyn
Photographer

Suffolk
Stowmarket

Let's face it there is no tactful way to tell a lady 'I no longer wish to photograph you due to your weight gain' and your going to earn a slap if you suggest she's only worth a lower rate because of her gym dodging. Your only option is to lie and avoid a shoot.

Have you considered her change of shape may possibly be deliberate? Maybe she's working towards a curvy look. Remember when J-Lo burst onto the celeb scene and many ladies suddenly wanted a round bum.

If a shoot is out of the question you could always tell her you and a few mates would like to hold a sausage fest and ask if she'd like to come along as guest of honour?

Havoc is off-line
06 August 2016 07:53
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

"I'm sorry but your current look doesn't match what I thought would be available".

The problem with the current UK (mostly) culture as brought up by so very very many posts is that every model has a bazillion morons who'll jump to her defence over anything. Plus, the line that goes "it's not how you look" is oh so popular. Oh, and add to that the fact that some of the most vocal models on other sites are a) fat or / and b) ugly, it presents the "anyone can model" thing. I once told a reasonably well known model that I would TF with her but she wasn't worth paying. Got a mouthful in response, but she's only popular because she's a golden child of another forum - fact is she's dumpy and boring looking.

No, screw it. A model has a number of assests in this game and body is one of them. You don't buy a porsche and feel ok when you notice that it's got a crap paint job.

/rant

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa
Phiesta1 Thunder_Photos