Reminder Secure

mobile phone question..help!

Moorlane is off-line
09 July 2016 08:50
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I have just bought a Nokia 105 ( cheap and cheerful).
My friend's phone is broken so I though I would be nice and let him have it.He has a Tesco SIM card and pays 10 a month for minutes and texts. Will he be able to pop the SIM card into the Nokia and it will work? And can he keep his number? Thanks guys!

Potr is off-line
09 July 2016 11:18
PC9
Photographer

London

Quote from Moorlane
I have just bought a Nokia 105 ( cheap and cheerful).
My friend's phone is broken so I though I would be nice and let him have it.He has a Tesco SIM card and pays 10 a month for minutes and texts. Will he be able to pop the SIM card into the Nokia and it will work? And can he keep his number? Thanks guys!

If he uses the same sim card, he will keep the same number.

If the Nokia is "unlocked", meaning not tied to a particular network, then it should work fine.

Moorlane is off-line
09 July 2016 12:18
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

thanks I am thinking he is probably tied into Tesco if that's a network ?

Ian Jackson is off-line
09 July 2016 14:21
brownnwhite
Photographer

Kent

The phone number goes with the sum not the handset. Provided the phone is not tied to any network (locked) he simply should work.
Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
10 July 2016 01:29
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from brownnwhite
The phone number goes with the sum not the handset. Provided the phone is not tied to any network (locked) he simply should work.

If the SIM cards are same size.

AGS is off-line
10 July 2016 07:22
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

Tesco is on O2, same as GiffGaff - they should all work since it's a network lock not a brand lock. GG btw is a lot cheaper per min. I bought an o2 locked phone and the GG sim was fine in it (Samsung Galaxy Fame btw), it's no guarantee, but a good indication that anything on the same network should be compatible.

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
13 July 2016 15:26
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

For what its worth Lebara use Vodaphone network, So if on PAYG you compare international calls, Vodaphone 35p per minute, lebara 2p per minute.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa KerryWright24 miles mprzyb scarlettfoxett Sifx Winterlilly Yenguo
baxter1989 cefyl creakypete ElegantCaptures eosfan Fashionphotography geoffmarchant gordon GSC4X hodgen Ladiesman markeos50d MIB Njsphotography philippahh rscott360 Steveh32 Stevenbennett Vltavakrtek will_i_am